What is this stuff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephro

Reaction score
I've gotten some krausen before but I've never seen anything this thick...
I did put my hop pellets in a bag for the first time. Maybe the hope particles stayed on top rather than going to the side?

Can you ID this??
creamalestuff.jpg

I was racking... Guess I was a little too early :(
Oh well. I sucked some yeast into the secondary. I can't brew at my house and today was the only day I could make it out here for the next couple weeks. Guess it will have to finish in the secondary... It was 5 days in the primary (I know few too few days) but I had never seen anything that covered the entire surface before. Guess I will see how it turns out! :)
Thanks!

Looks like undone cherry pie. Put it back in the oven @350 F. for another 15 minutes.

This is just about the only hobby I know of that when a semming problem arises, the best advice is to just ignore it and relax.

Dude said:
Perfectly normal. don't disturb it, it will drop out eventually. STOP opening that bucket!

Word.

Think of the bucket as your 401(k). The more you look at it, the more you'll worry. It'll be alright, so just ignore it until you know you're ready.

Every time you open the bucket, you're allowing more contaminated air in to do its dirty work.

Cheesefood said:
Think of the bucket as your 401(k). The more you look at it, the more you'll worry. It'll be alright, so just ignore it until you know you're ready.
Every time you open the bucket, you're allowing more contaminated air in to do its dirty work.

Nice analogy! :)

Back