Calling out SoperBrew about Watermelon Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flomaster

Reaction score
To anyone that personally knows Chris Soper please let him know I have sent him a private message regarding the Watermelon Wheat he brews.

I'd like to know how much watermelon and the process he uses for the beer.

-=Jason=-

I'm going to mash up and strain two small basketball sized watermelons and use some watermelon extract as well.

I just wanted to know how Soper does his.

I'll probably run into him in the next couple weeks either at the LHBS or Oktoberfest. If he hasn't got the message before then I'll pass it on.

Thank is guys he got back to me

Soperbrew said:
Hey dude. For the Watermelon I get one big or two small ones, dig out the good stuff careful not to get any of the white rind part then I put that in a 5g nylon bag and mush it up in a bowl with a potato masher. Then I just pick up the bag and the juice drains into the bowl.

I use 3 cups of the juice per 5g and I just add it to the secondary or keg.

Soper, I forgot to update this thread. I won my round and advanced to the quarter finals where I was bumped out. I brewed an Imperial Pumpkin Pie. Up against an IPA. I scored 7.73 vs 7.76 out of ten.

This recipe never fails and its the beer brew that gets the best reviews and people talking about it and wanting more.

View attachment 1420681993467.jpg

Latest posts

Back