Ritebrew.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacaman

Reaction score
Hey, I was browsing though different LHBS's and ran across ritebrew.com. Their prices seem unbeatable as it is, but while browsing through bulk grain, I noticed they sell Breiss, and GWM (I think it stands for Great Western Malting), which costs substantially less!

Has anyone had any experience with ritebrew?

Does anyone know if there is any difference between Breiss and GWM as far as taste and/or quality?

Thanks!

I've bought supplies from them a couple time - faucets, shanks, tubing and some other miscellaneous parts. Never any brewing ingredients though.

Great prices and fast shipping.

Beware on yeast and hops though. The yeast I've gotten has been pretty close to expired and a pack of amarillo smelled like straight up parmesean.

I just perused their site and it appears that they are out of stock on A LOT of items. Also, they don't have flat rate shipping so I could imagine that the shipping would be pretty steep.

bwomp313 said:
I just perused their site and it appears that they are out of stock on A LOT of items. Also, they don't have flat rate shipping so I could imagine that the shipping would be pretty steep.

That's what kept me from buying at the moment. I did make a shopping cart and for a $70 order, I got $20 shipping. For all the stuff I was buying, $90 was still a bargain, but not everything I needed was on stock. I'll try ordering soon, and see if the quality of the products are adequate.

cheesecake said:
Ordered faucets and shanks from them saturday evening and everything was here this morning.

I actually ordered a bunch of grain and hops from them. Everything arrived good, and prices were amazing. I'll be tasting the first brew from these ingredients very soon. So far, so good!

I actually ordered a bunch of grain and hops from them. Everything arrived good, and prices were amazing. I'll be tasting the first brew from these ingredients very soon. So far, so good!

How'd everything work out for ya with ritebrew?
I'm curious because they say they have a warehouse about 15 minutes from my house and they offer free pick up.

I wouldn't go for a sack of grain and have it shipped, but I had a *big* order of kegging equipment a few months ago... Total ~$300 worth of items, some that had some weight (100' of beer line). It was about $12 to ship it all, ground, from WI to CA. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

How'd everything work out for ya with ritebrew?
I'm curious because they say they have a warehouse about 15 minutes from my house and they offer free pick up.

Everything turned out great, prices were awesome. The only issue I had was that they sent me a pound of cascades without the AA%. I had to contact the manufacture to get an estimate of the AA% on the hops. I'm sure that issue was a fluke though. :mug:

I wouldn't go for a sack of grain and have it shipped, but I had a *big* order of kegging equipment a few months ago... Total ~$300 worth of items, some that had some weight (100' of beer line). It was about $12 to ship it all, ground, from WI to CA. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

How was the stuff you got? Or I guess I should ask would you use them again for equipment? I was looking on craigslist for keg stuff and they came up. Seeing as how their warehouse is a few miles from me, I'd rather stay local if they have quality stuff.

Given that you are in Texas, check out Austin Homebrew Supply. They do have flat rate shipping and I've always had great experience with them.

How was the stuff you got? Or I guess I should ask would you use them again for equipment? I was looking on craigslist for keg stuff and they came up. Seeing as how their warehouse is a few miles from me, I'd rather stay local if they have quality stuff.

Neil is a good guy, I found them when searching for the phone number of the LHBS, I've used ritebrew.com several times since (just stocked up on base malt ~110 lbs of it in fact). Here in Wisconsin we're spoiled, we've got Northern Brewers, ritebrew.com and a hand full of LHBS to choose from...I'm going broke trying to spread my money around to keep em all open. :p

Keyth

Placed a order last night and its already shipped as of noon great prices and great shipping and the recipe kits are good too

I know that this is an old thread, but I've placed several orders with Ritebrew, not only equipment, but grains, hops and yeast as well. So far everything has been great, the shipping isn't bad at all, and they are faster to ship out orders than most other online Brewing supply stores.
My only complaint, no phone number.

Just thought I'd throw in my endorsement for RiteBrew. Been using them fairly exclusively since Brewmasters Warehouse went to pot. I live in WI so shipping is always under $10 with SpeeDee. I get 70% efficiency with their crush, pretty reasonable, IMO. Orders are processed lightning fast, if I order Monday before 2:30, I always have my items by Wednesday and sometimes by Tuesday. They do tend to have a lot of items out of stock, but at least it's listed on the website right away, and items in your cart that were in stock disappear from your cart when out of stock. Sometimes I'll work on a recipe for a a few days, so that's helpful. They lack hop varieties and most that I'm interested in are out, so I'll often have to look elsewhere for hops. Good thing for me, Farmhouse Brewing Supply is also in WI with cheap shipping, or I just pick up locally when in Janesville visiting in-laws. :) That's my go-to HBS for cheap hops AND lots of variety. I use RiteBrew for eeverything else, including kegging and brewing equipment.

I've bought many many many kits from them from partial mash to exract and have made great brews every time.

Shipping is fast as others have said and over all they get a thumbs up from me.

Recently I've started buying local since cost is only Dollars more than buying full kits/ingredients online. I buy bottle caps in bulk and use table sugar to prime.

Their belgian white is friggon awesome for the price.

Same as above. I know this is an older post but since I order from them regularly I thought it would be good to give them my endorsement. Items ship out super fast. I've only tried two of their kits but they have been good. With shipping it's the same cost as going to my LHBS.

My online orders are exclusively through RiteBrew.com. Otherwise, I'm at the LHBS. These guys are great and clearly have the best prices online. And I like how when I have to purchase a super cheap part, like a pressure relief valve for a keg, they charge FAIR shipping -- not like other online shops where shipping can easily cost double the price of what you're purchasing.

Digging up this thread to saw how happy I am dealing with ritebrew. They have great prices and super fast shipping. I ordered some barrier tubing at only $0.35 a foot, some SS shanks and pin lock connectors. I will definitely be ordering from them again.

I second the above comments. I purchased the majority of keezer build from them and their service was top notch!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you do an order carefully, you can get a lot of stuff crammed into a little teensy box for really cheap. Like a whole bunch of dried yeast can fit in a first class postage box for $3 shipping.

I just made an order with ritebrew.com and I was amazed by Neil's customer service. I asked about an out of stock drip-tray at 8pm last night and within minutes he responded saying he thought they may have some in their warehouse. Sure enough he told me this morning that they did. Awesome prices on kegging equipment (like 30% cheaper), better than my lhbs or any other online store i've found. You've made a convert out of me!

An old thread I know, but this seems as good a place as any.

Ordered a Colonna Capper/Corker from RiteBrew.com last Thursday, it shipped the same day, and I received it on Saturday!

Price and Shipping were lower than any other place I could find. I had not ordered from RiteBrew before, so I asked Northern to price match. Northern offer 10% off my order, but that was still $16 higher than RiteBrew.

I could not be happier with RiteBrew after 1 order and will certainly look to them for future orders. :mug:

An old thread I know, but this seems as good a place as any.

Ordered a Colonna Capper/Corker from RiteBrew.com last Thursday, it shipped the same day, and I received it on Saturday!

Price and Shipping were lower than any other place I could find. I had not ordered from RiteBrew before, so I asked Northern to price match. Northern offer 10% off my order, but that was still $16 higher than RiteBrew.

I could not be happier with RiteBrew after 1 order and will certainly look to them for future orders. :mug:

I'm getting a small order from them today- I was supposed to make wine this week, and was putting together my things, and I noticed on Sunday night that I didn't have any yeast! I ordered, and it will arrive today. The great part is he charged actual shipping- about $2 for priority mail.

I stopped in and met Neil a couple of times, when I ordered whole sacks of grain and he is a super nice guy with a great set up for customers. I would highly recommend using ritebrew.com!

Ya ritebrew is awesome. Neal is always helpful and intrested in what your doing and the cost is right on par or better then any other online site. Plus living close by i dont have to pay for shipping since he offers local pickup.

This is my go to place for specialty grains and anything else I may need. The fact that most orders ship same day and you can order grains by the oz is really awesome. Great place to shop from!

I usually use Northern Brewer because of the flat rate shipping, but I just placed my first order from Ritebrew last week for some ingredients for a Milk Stout. Even with higher shipping cost ($15 for FedEx 3 day), it was cheaper than NB. I placed the order early in the morning and it had shipped by noon the same day. Pretty impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back