oxygenation system questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgfitz

Reaction score
just a couple questions

the system i bought did not come with a oxygen tank when i went to the store there was only one brand of oxygen tank to pick from it was bernzomatic. on the back one of the warnings said do not inhale cylinder contents. gas in cylinder is not approved for internal or medical use. is this the right tank or is there another brand that i should buy?

the instructions that came with the kit were not very good it said the best way to sanitize the diffusion stone ( it is a .5 micron stone) is to boil it. i don't know if the black tubing it is attached to is good to boil or not. it is made out of polyethylene. should i take the diffusion stone off the tubing and boil it or is it OK to just put the stone and tubing in the boiling water?

last question what is the best way to clean after use? should i boil the stone again or can i just rinse it off with hot water. is it OK to use oxyclean or pbw on it or will that clog up the stone

thanks for the help

Oxygen for medical use I believe has moisture in it but the kind from Lowes / home depot are only oxygen. I use the hardware oxygen and never had a problem. For sanitizing the stone I just put it in my star sans and then to clean I use pbw and never had a problem.

Do you have to buy a kit or can you engineer a set up from part from HD and the pets store?

wcrooker thanks for the info. the instructions never said anything about cleaning so i was not sure what i could use on it

beezy i just went for a kit because i could not find a regulator for the oxygen tanks. they are left handed thread

Back