Age Is Just A Number

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WestCoastAlex said:
I am new hear. I have been brewing for about 5 years now. Looking forward to using the forum. So hello everyone:mug:

Yeah...maybe you should start a new account and not mention your age.

Also, the fact that you were brewing at 14 is strange and confusing to me.
Bye Alex, we barely got a chance to know you!

In before close. Come talk to us when you are 21.

bummer bro. we all gotta wait till the magic two-one. who the chryst would allow a puppy (14yrs) be around alcohol!?!?!?!

I started at 15 so it been almost 5 years (turn 20 in april). Why is that weird???? Brewing has tought me a respect and admiration for a drink that many my age abuse. I think that if more youngsters learned the craft it would be very beneficial to society. I don't drink beer to get drunk and I never have, I drink beer for many other reasons, to connect me with my heritage, to enhance a great meal, because I love the complex flavors, ect. I appriciate it for what it is. I entered this site to learn more about a great hobbie/lifestyle and I think if I were to get banned for my age that would be very sad. Why would someone want to discourage learning and appriciation of such a great thing?

I mean think about it, I was spending time learning an the ancient art of my ancestors, learning about mashing and yeast biology and all that great stuff, when most kids my age are/were binge drinking with Keystone and Coors. So if the monitors of this site want to ban me just please think about it first.

For crying out loud. The simple fact that you would show up here, post your real age and information, full well knowing that it was in violation of the rules shows one thing.

YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF GROWING UP TO DO.

And yes you will be banned, not because anyone is being a dick, but because it's the rules and it's a serious liability issue.

Reminds me of another part of my German ancestory :(

Really? Are you comparing the forum to Nazi's?

Think about it from the perspective of the company that runs this place? You start posting about underage drinking/brewing and then more underage people start to hear about the place. Some parent gets wind of this and starts a fuss. Get a couple politicians onboard and this place gets shut down. You lose one of the biggest brewing resources on the internet. If not the biggest resource. All because you wanted to talk about brewing.

I don't have issue with you brewing personally. I wish the drinking age were 18, but it's not. There was a very simple way for you to come in and contribute here but instead you took the wrong path.

Really? Are you comparing the forum to Nazi's?

Think about it from the perspective of the company that runs this place? You start posting about underage drinking/brewing and then more underage people start to hear about the place. Some parent gets wind of this and starts a fuss. Get a couple politicians onboard and this place gets shut down. You lose one of the biggest brewing resources on the internet. If not the biggest resource. All because you wanted to talk about brewing.

I don't have issue with you brewing personally. I wish the drinking age were 18, but it's not. There was a very simple way for you to come in and contribute here but instead you took the wrong path.

Didn't mean to be offensive or anything and I wasn't calling out the site at all, I love this site, I was more running my mouth about the law in this country, I thought we were free and had a first ammendment. Sorry. And yes maybe I should have went about it differently.

same reason diss tillating is shot down like that fat b!tch at the party...

there are plenty of resources on this frigggin inna-netz laddy. ya ain't gotta go home; but ya can't stay here.

Didn't mean to be offensive or anything and I wasn't calling out the site at all, I love this site, I was more running my mouth about the law in this country, I thought we were free and had a first ammendment. Sorry. And yes maybe I should have went about it differently.

The first ammendment?!!?!?!!?!?!!

Have you read the 1st?

1st ammendment said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The owner of this forum chooses to follow existing laws; and Congress isn't involved here, so that "1st ammendment" arguement doesn't apply....

You must truly be underage if you think that of the 1st ammendment :rolleyes:

Where the hell are the mods?!?!

The first ammendment?!!?!?!!?!?!!

Have you read the 1st?

The owner of this forum chooses to follow existing laws; and Congress isn't involved here, so that "1st ammendment" arguement doesn't apply....

You must truly be underage if you think that of the 1st ammendment :rolleyes:

Where the hell are the mods?!?!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, this site is not selling me beer right.

I've already hit the report post button. Yuri is hanging around, but as previously stated "probably getting his (legal) drink on.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, this site is not selling me beer right.

Again, have you read the 1st?

"Congress shall make no law....abridging the freedom of speech"

However, the person that owns this site is not affiliatd with Congress.

Are you sure you're even 19??????

Again, have you read the 1st?

"Congress shall make no law....abridging the freedom of speech"

However, the person that owns this site does not answer to Congress. He follows the laws of this country...

Are you sure you're even 19??????

Congress makes the laws for our country. Anyway why would me being here be against the law for the owner of the site, they are not selling anything?

Did you read my post? All it would take is for some uppity mom or dad of a teenager to find out they were hanging out here. They could cause plenty of trouble for the owner of the site. It's not worth it for them, they are better off taking a hard stance and avoiding any potential legal issues.

Congress makes the laws for our country. Anyway why would me being here be against the law for the owner of the site, they are not selling anything?

When you signed up; did you not click on the box that said you accept the terms of this site? One of which is being of legal age to drink alcohol?

Did you read my post? All it would take is for some uppity mom or dad of a teenager to find out they were hanging out here. They could cause plenty of trouble for the owner of the site. It's not worth it for them, they are better off taking a hard stance and avoiding any potential legal issues.

For that reason I am just going to delete my profile because this is a great resource.

Because the Judicial system has a funny way of twisting around the verbiage congress decided upon to make citizens of legal age responsible for the potentially poor judgement in actions of citizens of not so legal age.

Thus, an analogy,

Gramma is no longer responsible for the fact that she just bought the hot coffee since the words HOT COFFEE aren't in a 3 page disclaimer on the side of the cup therefore the world is forced to dumb down the temperature of said coffee to protect both the coffee drinker and the coffee maker.

I started at 15 so it been almost 5 years (turn 20 in April). Why is that weird???? Brewing has taught me a respect and admiration for a drink that many my age abuse. I think that if more youngsters learned the craft it would be very beneficial to society. I don't drink beer to get drunk and I never have, I drink beer for many other reasons, to connect me with my heritage, to enhance a great meal, because I love the complex flavors, etc. I appreciate it for what it is. I entered this site to learn more about a great Hobie/lifestyle and I think if I were to get banned for my age that would be very sad. Why would someone want to discourage learning and appreciation of such a great thing?

I mean think about it, I was spending time learning an the ancient art of my ancestors, learning about mashing and yeast biology and all that great stuff, when most kids my age are/were binge drinking with Keystone and Coors. So if the monitors of this site want to ban me just please think about it first.

Okay, I've been drinking and reading this thread is making my head hurt. I don't have the time to edit this post. Please return when you are old enough to do so. Learn to spell, write a sentence, punctuate, etc. If not, at the very least run it through spell check.

Oh, and I was brewing when I was uhm, younger, but I had the sense not to mention it to everyone;)

Okay, I've been drinking and reading this thread is making my head hurt.

lol, i was there last night... when i woke up this morning, i had to think about what i posted last night for a minute or two :p stupid friends have to stop having birthdays... haha

when i was younger... well im not that much older than you, i was discrete about it... there is no sense of getting yourself in trouble over something stupid...

I think this is a hoax. He titled the thread to get everyone stirred up and it worked. I guess when all is said and done a new member will emerge with out a posted age.

or maybe a "test" by mods to see how the populace handles things - in anticipation of Egypt-style riots?! :D

or maybe a "test" by mods to see how the populace handles things - in anticipation of Egypt-style riots?! :D

That would explain the "system" problems this weekend:D

Okay, Folks. Don't feed the Troll, Bad Troll, Bad:D

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Troll? Sorry if I came off as one.

The fact is that all I wanted to do was join a great site to learn about something I love from other people that love it too. Didn't figure I would get so much hostility. I will admit I did not know about an age limit, scrolling down the years my real birth year was available so I didn't think there would be a problem but I will admit I should have kept my mouth shut about it.

Haha when I post this thread I thought I would get one or two of the usual "welcome" or "hi there" four pages later I have been given a lesson on grammer and ethics haha. What ever it's all good I don't take it personally I totally get where you all are coming from, I wouldn't want a site like this to get closed down for a ridiculous reason like a year and three months age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back