BrewVint yeast fuel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levers101

Reaction score
I'm looking at Austin Homebrew Supplies' kits and they are offering "BrewVint yeast fuel" with all of their kits. It doesn't sound very necessary, since I've brewed beer just fine without it before (although last time I used diammonium phosphate in my starter). What exactly is this stuff?

I have done 2 brews with brew vint and I will never brew with out it again. I have had 2 of the most aggresive fermentations with it. 3 1/2 inches of foam in the primary fermenter in 3 hours:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: brewvint rocks my lame ass!

I just got some of this brewvint yeast fuel with a AHS kit and I'm wondering if I should use it with the Whirlfloc tablet I use for clarity. I've heard that too much can cause off flavors. The yeast fuel will "... provide nutrients, lipids & amino acids that will reduce fermentation time and clarify beer...". Could the yeast fuel also include irish moss and so I'm doing a double dose?

Of course, there isn't much yeast fuel so what could it hurt....

Thoughts??

Thanks!

G. Cretin said:
I have done 2 brews with brew vint and I will never brew with out it again. I have had 2 of the most aggresive fermentations with it. 3 1/2 inches of foam in the primary fermenter in 3 hours:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: brewvint rocks my lame ass!

Yup my last brew was having active fermentation in just under 2 hours and it has been going for the better part of two weeks. I don't know what it is but it's good!

Dan

No irish moss in yeast nutrient. It's like fertilizing your lawn, you don't have to, but it helps. I've started using it in high gravity ales & meads.

the packaging says to add the ingredient by taking apart the capsule 15 minutes left in the boil. I just used it in my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. so far...so good, good aggressive fermentation goin on right now in 24 hrs.

It actually says take the capsul apart and empty into the boil along with the two capsul halves...weird, what do the capsul halves do?

Back