• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist Conical Fermenters (not mine)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessup

Reaction score
I found this on CL today!! They are not mine so please DO NOT PM Me!!

http://scranton.craigslist.org/for/2919917799.html
Stainless Conical Fermenters 8, 15, 27 gallon - $350 (Scranton, PA)

Date: 2012-03-24, 1:24PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

I have Stainless Steel Conical Fermenters. Many sizes and options. Tri-clover sanitary connectors and ball valves are standard. Leg extensions, butterfly vlaves, casters, rotating racking arms, thermowells, and thermometers are all options. Jacketed fermenters are also available. Units can be custom configured. These are top of the line, professional grade fermenters. Excellent for your home brewing and wine making needs. Take your beer and wine making to the next level. Contact me for size and pricing options.

Keywords: conical ferment fermentor fermenter beer homebrew homebrewing homebrew wine brew brewing

Thanks Jessup, I contacted him about conicals and realized I bought Corny's from him before. That puts my mind at ease, he is a trustworthy fellow. I can't decide what size to buy, I wish they made a 18.5 gallon one :)

He emailed me back but not much detail. Included a link to his website but I still didn't see anything about the jacketed conicals which is what initially peaked my interested. Here is the link: www.conical-fermenter.com

I know a few people have bought from him before and they were always happy with the products. He is based out of Portland.

This is John from Stout Tanks - our website is www.conical-fermenter.com.

The original post in Scranton is not associated with us in any way whatsoever.

People seem to be mixing up their satisfaction with our products and services with the other one, which has no track record from what I can tell.

In fact, he is showing photos of our products and our designs taken off of our website.

The fellow in PA is cripplecreek. He did a group buy for some stock pots a while back. If you look up conical fermenters on made-in-china.com you will find those exact designs that Stout is selling advertized for sale. Now I don't know how proprietary the designs are so it might be that the factory in china is selling them with out license to other people.

There are dozens of stainless companies producing that stuff in China and India some is great quality and others are crap. Companies in the US that resell it and find the best manufactures and deal with bulk purchases and US Customs hassles deserve kudos. Doubtful that the fermenters you see everywhere are patented, the Blichmann ones are I believe but they are very different and more money. Stout Tanks sells great stuff and does custom work. China and India are necessary evils, face it a US made fermenter would be twice to three times the cost and not necessarily better.

Back