Country Song Beer Naming Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LWayBrewing

Reaction score
So, I was trying to come up with some beer names, and I found it's kind of fun to name a beer after a country music song, and use the lyrics to advertise it, like they do on the labels. For example:

Crazy Girl Blonde Ale -- This silly woman beer will make you say 'come here let me hold you' and after a few, you'll be singin: I love you like craaaazy giiiiirl

Eli Young Band - Crazy Girl

Amarillo Sky Wheat Ale -- You'll never complain, you'll never ask why, but please don't let your glass run dry. Drinkin-down that Amarillo Sky.

Jason Aldean - Amarillo Sky

Hometown Lager -- If you're ever out west son, and you're feelin' like slowin' down, come have a round, round of my Hometown.

Charlie Robison - My Hometown

Just wanted to share, and see what you guys would come up with.

Cheers,

Lance

:mug:

This game is more fun than you guys let on....

Ring of Fire Rye

the taste, of rye is sweet
when hops & barley meet
I fell down just like a fool
oh, but it made me drool

I fell down after drinkin' ring of fire
it went down down down, and my B-A-C went higher
and it burns burns burns... that ring of fire
that ring of fire.

WHISKEY RIVER BOURBON INFUSED ALE
whiskey river take my mind
don't let her memory torture me
whiskey river don't run dry
you're all I got to take care of me.

"Thats why I'm Screwing your sister" barleywine
I dropped you off at the airport today.. had a couple of these at the end of the day, and thats why I'm screwing your sister.

Wow. I would have thought this would have gotten more action. I'll let y'all work out the beer pairings, but there are tons of good beer drinkin' songs in country music and many more you can twist to that end:

What Made Milwaukee Famous - Jerry Lee Lewis
Bubbles in My Beer - Bob Wills
Amarillo by Morning - George Strait
15 Beers - Johnny Paycheck
Barstool Mountain - Johnny Paycheck
Bottle to the Bottom - Kris Kristofferson
Sunday Morning Coming Down - Kris Kristofferson (specifically for the line "the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert).
Hey Porter - Johnny Cash
If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me - George Jones
My Bucket's Got a Hole in It (Can't Buy No Beer) - Hank
Night Life (Ain't the Right Life) - Ray Charles
Pointless Drinking - Amy LaVere
Since I Started Drinkin' Again - Dwight Yoakam
The Old Purple Tin - A3 (OK, a bit of a stretch for country, but a great song nonetheless)
There's a Tear in my Beer - Hank
This Drinkin' Will Kill Me - Dwight Yoakam

Folsom Prison Brew (Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash)

What the Cowgirls Brew (What the cowgirls do- Vince Gill)

Texas Size Headache Ale (Texas Size Heartache- Joe Diffe.

Cadillac Ranch Ale (Cadillac Ranch- Chris Ledoux.)

Twang Sour (Twang- George Strait)

B Double E Double R you in (Beer Run- Garth Brooks & George Jones)

Thank God for Brew (Thank God for you- Sawyer Brown)

There is a tear in this beer (There is a tear in my beer- Hank Williams SR)

Alibis Ale (Alibis- Tracey Lawrence)

Bonus

I heard it through the barleywine (I heard it through the grapevine- Creedence Clearwater revival)

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'"
~Bob Newhart

If Heaven ain't full of homebrew, I don't want to go
If Heaven ain't full of homebrew, I'd just as soon stay home

If they don't have a mash and lauder tun, like I do down in Tennessee
Then send me to hell or Mississippi, it would be about the same to me!

Chattahoochee Pale Ale - Build a pyramid of cans in the pale moon light with your friends (Chattahoochee - Alan Jackson)

Dixie Land Delight Sweet Brown Ale - You'll want to park in a hollar 'neath the moutain moon light. (Dixie Land Delight - Alabama)

Orange Blossom Special Wheat - This golden wheat beer will take you back to the days of riding the rails to see the country. (Orange Blossom Special - Charlie Daniels Band)

I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair Old Ale - Put the neon back in your veins with this ale from the Possum himself. (I don't need your rockin' chair - George Jones)

Good 'Ol Mountain Dew IIPA - You'll want to lay down a dollar or tew for this one, it'll make you feel like a giant if you have a pint or two! (Mountain Dew - Grandpa Jones)

Back