The Gator-ator! Build Thread. (Lots of Pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can't fully appreciate this as I'm a Vol fan, that's a pretty sweet build. I really like the lights. I may have to incorporate something like that into mine.

While I can't fully appreciate this as I'm a Vol fan, that's a pretty sweet build. I really like the lights. I may have to incorporate something like that into mine.

Hmm, for some reason I didn't get the email about this post. Anyway, I am sorry to hear about your collegiate allegiance ;) I actually had Tennessee beating Michigan in my bracket. And now you know how my bracket is doing :) But I had to pull for the SEC anyway!

The lights came out really well. Of course (like my entire setup) I stole the idea from Jester369, but I had to push up it a notch so I went for 2 strands of lights tied to a dimmer! And I think it came out well, the pictures can't really capture it, some shots look kind of purple which is not the case at all in person. Anyway good luck with your build!

Cheers! :mug:

Hey Ciliorozo.....finally finished my keezer build.....here's a pic. Many more pics on my thread. Hope yours is still "serving your" well.

IMG_2165.jpg

I like the look of yours, i want to make Jester type myself in the following weeks (months). Just curious, is the first pull from the tap warmer, even though its insulated? Any temp difference?

I like the look of yours, i want to make Jester type myself in the following weeks (months). Just curious, is the first pull from the tap warmer, even though its insulated? Any temp difference?

Hey Olibrew, Thanks! Sorry its taken me a while to respond. I am actually in the process of moving (back to Florida!) and so my computer time has been limited. Anyway, I do not notice a temperature change from the first pull to any subsequent pull. If there was a noticeable change I would put in a fan to circulate the air. I actually built in a spot to stick a fan in the event this was the case. But so far its been great!

Good luck with your build. If you have any questions just ask!

Cheers! :mug:

Sweet built. And Cheers to your wife for all that support. We should all be that luck.

Awesome keez! I don't understand how you can live in ATX and have Gator Garbage all over it, but I guess it's better than having U. Texas crap!! Awesome build though!! Eat 'em up Kats!

What stain did you use on this? I'm planning on cloning your build if you don't mind. I love it, I'm a huge Gator fan!

What stain did you use on this? I'm planning on cloning your build if you don't mind. I love it, I'm a huge Gator fan!

Absolutely! I was inspired by Jester369! So feel free to use what you want. I will get you the information on the stain, I don't recall at the moment, but I will dig it out of the box and let you know! Cheers and Go Gators!!! :mug:

The stain is the Cabot Jarrah Brown deck stain. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It took me a while to find the stain. I have attached an image of the stain. Cheers!

image-3926502369.jpg

I know I'm late to this party, but I love your Keezer. I'm doing one very similar(but my magnets will change depending on the sporting event on the 120" screen!! Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, U of M, Central Michigan, etc...)

I bought some black granite tile today, and it was so freaking heavy. How did you make it work? I also bought oak for the base. Then after realizing it was going to be $150-$200 for wood alone, for the entire project, I returned it and came back with some whiteboard from Lowes at 1/3 the cost.

Back