What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad story. Drinking coffee now, last night drinking my centennial/galaxy apa dry-hopped clarity experiment w/ 4oz pellets (clarity turned out great!)

Then, this morning I come across this on FB, a couple miles from my house...

Happy Gnome said:
The Founders Brewing Co. kegs have been tapped... KBS 2011 & 2013, Backwoods Bastard 2012 & 2013, Old Curmudgeon 2012... We won't get to try these beauties again!

This was last night. Feeling pretty sad for myself at the moment..

IMG_7150.jpg

How is it?

The flavor is closer to Gandhi than the aroma. I will finish these two cases of beer really quick. It came out really good. I was going to take a side-by-side photo and do a taste test between my clone and the real Gandhi. But since there wasn't much carb, I didn't bother.

I might have a Gandhi anyway. hahaha

The flavor is closer to Gandhi than the aroma. I will finish these two cases of beer really quick. It came out really good. I was going to take a side-by-side photo and do a taste test between my clone and the real Gandhi. But since there wasn't much carb, I didn't bother.

I might have a Gandhi anyway. hahaha

Ur living the dream

Both splits of my last saison with lunch. First the plain version, then the blueberry/rhubarb. The plain is drinking pretty well right now (did you try that one DC?). Blueberry is better than it was last time, but still a bit one-dimensional. Used 3711 on the plain version, but captured Ommegang yeast for the fruited one. Say what you will about 3711, but at least it has more character than Ommegang's...

Vacation has officially started. Turkey day is almost here.

Had a big swell canned in April. Hops dying off, still not bad.

Now drinking a Brewdog old world India pale ale!

ForumRunner_20131122_183951.jpg

Out with work, good Friday night beers.

I want HT for sure. I need to set up a trade.

That said, drinking my Sweaters Not Beer Christmas Spice Ale. My motto is "forget the sweater, just drink beer" so I figured I'd be silly.

It is good. Like actually really good I think.
With the bottling tea I will make with vanilla, cinnamon, sweet orange peel, and ginger, it should be GD good!

Next sample was my amber ale. It's just a basic recipe but I want to find a name for it.

Reaping the rewards of my hard work, and enjoying my Belgian Blond. It is amazing what 1 additional week will do for conditioning. 3 weeks in the bottle. Cheers!

Blond_003.jpg

NTXBrauer said:
Reaping the rewards of my hard work, and enjoying my Belgian Blond. It is amazing what 1 additional week will do for conditioning. 3 weeks in the bottle. Cheers!

That looks delicious, nice work!

Almost through this growler of My Favorite Show. Good, good stuff. Can't get enough.

image-928218240.jpg

Belgian dubbel brew day begins. Celbrating the anniversary of my 1st all grain brew (belgian golden strong ale) with another belgian brew. Hope its good.

It's been raining hard here since last night, I now have water leaking from the ceiling through the air filter and maintenance has no idea how long it will be before they can fix it. Hooray! Out of coffee so am drinking water with MIO energy. Since I'm having such a lovely day and working from home I will probably crack into some beer here real soon

That sucks! Did you wife stick to your bargain in court today?

This is hilarious and potentially delicious (also potentially terrible). Collab between tired hands and cellarmaker: Taco Hands http://www.cellarmakerbrewing.com
Guess where I'll be dec 3rd

I laughed out loud when Tired Hands posted that on Facebook last week. I'd sample it, but I think it may be just a bit out there.

That sucks! Did you wife stick to your bargain in court today? QUOTE]

Hearing was vacated so no court until the final hearing in Febuary! Hopefully she will be reasonable and agree to something before then as well, but knowing her I will not hold my breath. This weekend I celebrate with drinking, brewing, and cigar smoking! :rockin:

Remmy said:
Atta boy. Have a good Thanksgiving down there.

Yea man you and yours too. :mug:

Not like we wont have the oppurtunity to say it to eachother closer to the holiday between the 150 other posts of beer we drink between now and then :ban:

Drinking this while I prepare to fly home for a week! What a great beer for such a momentous occasion!! Though I can't get too excited since I do have to come back for another two weeks. Either way, thanks finsfan!!

Been waiting for this all day haha hope you enjoy your time back home! Looks like the shipping killed the carb :(

NTXBrauer said:
Trying to choose something else to brew. How much time from brew to bottle?

finsfan said:
Been waiting for this all day haha hope you enjoy your time back home! Looks like the shipping killed the carb :(

Actually, no. It was just fine. This was quite a bit after I poured it. The head just died down before I took the pic. I'm still trying to work while I eat lunch and get ready to leave, so I almost forgot the pic.

Curious about how often you guys break down and soak your parts to your MLT or brew kettles if its weldless. Ive been brewing a little over a year and had my MLT now for about a year. Ive probably broken it down and soaked and re-tefloned it about 4 times. Around every 4-5 brews. Am i disgusting? or super clean? i have no idea.

Just made the plunge for a 15 gallon BK with weldless thermo sight glass and ball valve and am wondering how much maintenance i should give to it.

image-747059699.jpg

Dave37 said:
Curious about how often you guys break down and soak your parts to your MLT or brew kettles if its weldless. Ive been brewing a little over a year and had my MLT now for about a year. Ive probably broken it down and soaked and re-tefloned it about 4 times. Around every 4-5 brews. Am i disgusting? or super clean? i have no idea.

Just made the plunge for a 15 gallon BK with weldless thermo sight glass and ball valve and am wondering how much maintenance i should give to it.

I have about 25 brews on my weldless keggle, the only thing I have broken apart and cleaned is the sight glass. If I had to build one again, I would skip the sight glass on a bk.

image-3051620003.jpg

Starting Friday off right.

Remmy said:
Something's wrong with that pic. I don't see a pack and play along with a changing table. :rockin:

I'd have to do a panorama to fit all that baby crap in a picture. The difference in my house from 2years ago is crazy

Wow it's back, welp having a hb'ed hard root beer. This bottle is from bottom of the bucket so alil darker but tasty as hell

image-2504754245.jpg

You think you're big time? You gonna effin' die - big time. Here come the pain!!!

I like to call that undrunkable when im feeling that way.

Back