My Single Tier Build w/ BCS-460

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowell

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Happy New Year! I've been asking questions on here for the past six months and I am almost done with my brewery build. I thought the people that helped me out along the way might enjoy seeing what has become of the project. The brewery is built on a stand by Marcus (Pinup Brewery). The system is all stainless valves and 1/2" tubing hard-piped. It will be run wirelessly with the BCS-460. Thanks for everyone's help, you have no idea how much I have appreciated it! I will try to get pics up ASAP. In the meantime, I have started a blog to track my brewing and whatnot, as well as the build. Check out the link in my signature. Thanks again!

Andrew

P1021050.jpg

P1021052.jpg

P1021051.jpg

Added Photos. Thanks again. I know the ol' "single tier build" posts get a little old, but hopefully you guys enjoy seeing this one. I think it is a little different.

Looks great. I cut and prepped a bunch of steel over the holiday break for my build. Should be getting welded up today. Just a manual system for now and good to know I have further building to do yet!

Added Photos. Thanks again. I know the ol' "single tier build" posts get a little old, but hopefully you guys enjoy seeing this one. I think it is a little different.

Nonsense! Looks like you have a really nice system. I'd show it off too! So, tell us about the BCS integration. Did you turn your BCS wireless? I'm looking so forward to doing the BCS route. It's so right up my alley since I'm a electronic gadget/web/networking freak ( so SWMBO says).

Love the SS Swageloks!

Great build! Can you outline the process? I'm liking the hard plumbed systems, but have a hard time picturing what vales to open when and whatnot...

Nonsense! Looks like you have a really nice system. I'd show it off too! So, tell us about the BCS integration. Did you turn your BCS wireless? I'm looking so forward to doing the BCS route. It's so right up my alley since I'm a electronic gadget/web/networking freak ( so SWMBO says).

Yeah, I turned the BCS wireless to keep my box as waterproof as possible and have the ease of being able to put my laptop in a safe spot. I used the exact same wireless adapter that gbrewer used in the BCS forum post below. It's great. It's very small so take up barely any room in the box. If you've noticed my enclosure, you'll understand why I need to conserve space!

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts....17&t=358&sid=13fa17e96807dd17d5ef1e67d7fdda5f

Love the SS Swageloks!

Great build! Can you outline the process? I'm liking the hard plumbed systems, but have a hard time picturing what vales to open when and whatnot...

Thanks, SweetSounds! Yeah, I bought a lot of swagelock fittings of a guy in eBay and used what I needed to. The whole valve dance that has to happen during the brew day is definitely one that has to be thought out. For example, if you look at the poorly lighted picture taken of the back of the brewery...you'll see a water filter inlet and three valves. These valves can be adjusted for HLT fill, chiller run through, and then allowing a cleaning recirc through the whole system. I figure once I get used to it, turning the valves will become second nature. I'll let you know how it all shakes out when I run the first test water batch. I'm waiting on an electrical guy to come buy and inspect the control panel before I fire it up!

I just think hard plumbed system look sweet! And I have about 50' of 1/2" SS hardline to play with. Swageloks are expensive! :drunk:

Keep us posted!

Tell me about it. I have slowly accumulated the swagelocks over time and then purchased a big lot of them from a guy on eBay for a few hundred bucks. Let me know if you need some, I will probably have some leftovers and maybe we can work something out. Not sure what I will have, but even a handful of them may help.

Back