Brew day ruined by freezing and a blizzard warning. What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see why you didn't brew now, Jerry. Drink up...slip into the time machine....and the storm will be over.

Yeah, I would have loved nothing more than to sit in the garage and brew today but I just didn't have the resources available.

white, yes, Valley Junction is still open as far as I know, haven't tried to go in the last year, but he doesn't come NEAR competing with Beer Crazy. Those guys know their stuff and are very very helpful.

I guess I'll just continue drinking craft beers tonight, wake up with a crazy bad headache, and do it all over again :):ban:

Where is my snow!? sitting in milwaukee and we've only had rain all day long. My home town Eau Claire has almost 2 feet!

Jerry, wake up! It's time to brew!:mug:

Starting a Scottish Ale 80/- as soon as I get back from a run to the grocery store.:D

Oh, I'm awake, no worries there! To damn windy and cold for me to think of doing to much but clean up the house a bit and maybe make a trip to Scheels for some last minute ice fishing stuff :)

Jerry...I feel your pain man. We are having 50+ mph winds and windchills down to - 30F. I was planning on brewing in my attached garage with the door open but the inside of the garage is only 25 F w/o the open door and the flame on my burner would go out every few minutes due to the dang wind. I am hoping we have a snow day from teaching tomorrow so I can stay home and brew provided the winds fall off.

Stay warm and safe drinking inside today.

Yeah, popped the first beer top of the day, Goose Island Mild Winter, not too bad! I drank all the good and random stuff last night, whoops!

Haven't popped a beer a yet but I got some Bells Brown waiting for me and an ESB on tap. I've got the mash going. 60 minute rest at 156. I had some difficulties before I could get started but we're rolling now.

We had quite a bit of snow on Saturday (>17 inches), but I was able to tunnel my way to the garage and to the faucet on the side of my house. It got freaking cold as hell too, after midnight. The foam on my Starsan was freezing, leaving a nice crusty cap on my buckets. The good side to all this was that I have 5 gallons of honey nut brown ale fermenting now, and I was able to chill it to pitching temp in about 5 minutes!
IMG_10471.JPG

IMG_10481.JPG

IMG_10492.JPG

Back