Left star san in my SS pot over night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wh4tig0t

Reaction score
I forgot and let my SS pot with wort chiller in it half full of star san last night. Did I just ruin my brand new SS pot/chiller? Is there anything i should do besides giving them both a good rinse?

It should be OK. I bet your wort chiller (copper?) is nice and shiny now!

I've left properly diluted StarSan in a stainless keg for over a month, with no ill effects.

I did the exact same thing recently for 4 days. It looks fine, although it does look a little dull from the residue.

Your fine. As long as the PH remained within spec for Star San.

I routinely store my StarSan mix in a keg. It lasts for months and is always ready when I want to brew. The trick is to use Distilled Water.

StarSan is also a good Imersion Chiller polisher too. Looks good doesn't it..?

+1
I keep StarSan mixed up 5 gallons in a spare corny and use as needed - and have done it that way for years! (mix fresh as needed...)

Now if you do what I did last time and leave a steel strainer sitting in Star San for a week and a half, then you have problems. (Well, not really much of one since it was a part of a dollar store set, but I sure did wonder what had turned the star-san all cloudy and angry looking when it was sealed up for a week)

I actually had left a small botle of Star-san that I stored in my SS pot and must have fallen over and leaked a bit. It had to be like that for at least a week, all it did was make the bottom of my pot shine like new again.

Back