Graphic art

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadliner

Reaction score
If this has been posted, sorry :-/..

I've seen some awesome logos on here.. and I want to make my own, but frankly I'm not that talented when it come to graphic art... does anyone here make logos or can anyone point me in the direction to get my logo made?

Roadliner said:
If this has been posted, sorry :-/..

I've seen some awesome logos on here.. and I want to make my own, but frankly I'm not that talented when it come to graphic art... does anyone here make logos or can anyone point me in the direction to get my logo made?

Check the "Label Display" subforum. Graphic artists have been known to take requests from time to time.

I'm sure I will take a beating from those graphic artists who are here on the forum but check out 99designs.com. You post your project details and an amount of money to hold a contest. The winning designer gets awarded the money.

Some graphic designers have the opinion this is like using a sweatshop in China.

I'm sure I will take a beating from those graphic artists who are here on the forum but check out 99designs.com. You post your project details and an amount of money to hold a contest. The winning designer gets awarded the money.

Some graphic designers have the opinion this is like using a sweatshop in China.

BIG issue I see with that site is the cost... Not many of us can afford to toss $299 away on a logo.

How much does it cost to run a logo design contest?
You set the budget! Pricing starts at $299 and in general, the more money you offer, the more logo designs you will have to choose from.

You can actually get a logo for less, if it's not going to be for an actual business use. I have a friend working on one for me. I just wish he would get his buttocks in gear and get it done.

I used to have time to help out people with quick personal logos/labels. I'm sure somebody will be willing to help you out. There are a lot of talented artists floating around here...

So would marker be better than pencil? Or just redrawing it with no color?

No color with the lines the weight you want them to be, would be best. Depending on what you have for software, it can be made a few different ways. I'd just need to locate an installer, or two, so I can put some software back on my tower. :D

I'll have to work on redrawing it tomorrow.. this is my first artwork for the better part of a decade lol. Took a lot longer than it used to :) What kind of software is required? I can get my hands on photoshop for a little while if that can do it.

I'll have to work on redrawing it tomorrow.. this is my first artwork for the better part of a decade lol. Took a lot longer than it used to :) What kind of software is required? I can get my hands on photoshop for a little while if that can do it.

I was going to try using Illustrator with either it's auto-trace or just do it manually. That way it would be vector based, which scales much better. :D

I'd probably install the drivers for my Wacom tablet to do that. Which I've not yet done since the install of the SSD and reinstall of the OS. :D

Back