Talk Show Host Jailed Over Couch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The really important question to ask here it - Did he have the couch out on his front porch?

I'd be curious to read a less biased account of what happened.

The article sited is pretty blatant.

I love intraweb articles like that.

He wasn't thrown in jail because of the couch, he was thrown in jail because he was too stupid to shut his mouth.

3 friggin contempts of court?

Refusing to pay the fine because the police wouldn't tell him who made the complaint?

Christ all mighty. The dude shouldn't have gotten 100 days. He should have been shot in his kneecaps.

Yeah but it started because the #@$# code monkeys don't believe he has a right to "keep and bear furniture" on his own porch or lawn...he would have gotten ten days for that...

Think this might be where Zui'jin dissapeared to...too busy hosting a radio show to brew beer...

Just what Shecky needs.... more ammo for his anti-couch crusade :D

Those code monkeys can have my porch couch when they can pry it from my cold dead, and rotting backside....that is if I had a lawn, porch or couch...

:D

Refusing to pay the fine because the police wouldn't tell him who made the complaint?
The Constitution is not completely dead yet my friend. The Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution gives you the right to face your accuser. He was not even given her name. He wished to circumvent the trail by speaking with his accuser face to face. He wanted to speak with the injured party to resolve the situation without the need for a court process.

The video gives a pretty good idea what went down.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlcT-3niVes"]YouTube - Ian Freeman arrested and jailed for 93 days RAW FOOTAGE[/ame]

Just what Shecky needs.... more ammo for his anti-couch crusade :D

I hadn't thought of a crusade. That sounds like fun. We'll take all the outdoor-couch having mo'fos and make 'em sit inside on a proper sofa with tea and crumpets, raised pinky a must.:D

Who's with me?

I think his accuser in this context is technically the city, no? The person who complained mearly tipped off the city that there was a violation. His jail time has nothing to do with the violation itself. This judge does seem whacky though.

The Constitution is not completely dead yet my friend. The Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution gives you the right to face your accuser. He was not even given her name. He wished to circumvent the trail by speaking with his accuser face to face. He wanted to speak with the injured party to resolve the situation without the need for a court process.

The video gives a pretty good idea what went down.
YouTube - Ian Freeman arrested and jailed for 93 days RAW FOOTAGE

He's a f'n smart ass.
I think the contempt is obviously a bit harsh, but still.

"Have a seat"..
"Is that an offer?"

WTF did he think he was auditioning for?
That's not clown college fella, that's a damn courtroom.

Just shut the hell up and sit in the damn chair.

He's a f'n smart ass.
I think the contempt is obviously a bit harsh, but still.

"Have a seat"..
"Is that an offer?"

WTF did he think he was auditioning for?
That's not clown college fella, that's a damn courtroom.

Just shut the hell up and sit in the damn chair.

Given the charge of couch on porch in the 1st degree I do believe this is a hangable offensivity. I say put a noose around his neck while he's sitting on said offensive Devan/Chesterfield then kick the supports out from under it. Or better yet hang him and the offensive couch!

Don't get me wrong.. I think the original charge is ridiculous.
Ludicrous even.

But, as for him going to jail, it's because of his **** attitude in court and smart ass attitude, not for the couch being on his front lawn.

Back