Lalvin D-47??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigpete9000

Reaction score
I wanted to make a batch using dry yeast to see how it turned out since i havent used dry before.

well iam not to happy with my LHBS somehow i got Lalvin D-47 instead of Safale US-05 like i wanted to. Since they have a "All sales are final policy" i am a bit 'Errrr' about it.

from everything ive read d-47 is wine yeast ..should i even bother to use it or just wait till i can get what i wanted ??

Well, you could always go into the mead world, and make some cyser or show mead with it to dull the hit...

This is from the Lalemand site...

Enoferm ICV-D47: For complex whites with citrus and floral notes
Enoferm ICV-D47 is a Côtes du Rhône isolate from Suze-la-Rousse for the production of full-bodied barrel fermented Chardonnay and other white varietals. When left on lees, ripe spicy aromas with tropical and citrus notes are developed. Enoferm ICV-D47 is a high polysaccharide producer known for its accentuated fruit and great volume. On most of the white grape varieties, this yeast elaborates wines with ripe stable fruits or jam-like aromas. Thanks to these aromas, the cuvées fermented with the Enoferm ICV-D47 are a good source of complexity in the blends. Moreover Enoferm ICV-D47 contributes to the wines silkiness and persistence. Excellent results are particularly obtained for the production of top-of-the-range Chardonnay fermented in barrels, especially when blended with Lalvin ICV-D21 fermented chardonnays

As you can see, hardly a beer yeast. If your hbs is that hardcore over a dollar item, I'd shop elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back