New Place, Higher Temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabaty

Reaction score
So we have just settled into our new apartment, which is great. I have one problem though, This place stays at 70-73 degrees, we have not ran the heat at all since moving in. Thats great on the gas bill side, but looking at my carboys (empty) they are at 74-77 degrees, once fermentation would start it will rise more. any suggestions for regulating temps? i have a large cabinet that my carboys will be, no refrigerators to use, and placing them near sliding door did not help. Maybe a pic will help. I was thinking about putting some dry ice in the cabinet to chill the interior maybe?

Photo Apr 02, 6 16 49 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 6 15 18 PM.jpg

I'm not really sure how to chill it while it's in the cabinet. You could try using a swamp cooler, though. Works for me fairly well during the hot summer months.

Do you have room to put the carboys in use in a "muck bucket" w/a block of ice and a towel covering it? Should beable to cool down to the mid 60's liki in this picture.

IMGP5562.JPG

Back