My New Keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

I finally finish my kegging setup and thought I ought to show the guys who inspired me. Obviously the main inspiration came from Jester, thanks man.

Anyway...

I scored a super old chest freezer from the in-laws (still works like a charm).
The only problem was that the compressor took up about 200mm from the whole bottom, no step. So I decided to put a collar on to make it high enough, which meant in the end I could fit 4 kegs instead of just 2.
I wanted to have the setup in the house and according to SWMBO it had to look good. So i decided on going for the coffin style setup.

Here she is, i'm filling a keg today and will put her to use over the weekend.

3819109567_d542676dba.jpg

Expansion for 2 more taps, when funds become available

3819109899_10d4e71c5e.jpg

I haven't decided to spay paint the bottom of the freezer, or make a frame and cover with wood.

3819110285_3980c6f2a2.jpg

Insulated the coffin, you can also see the collar

3819110645_4fd6a0d447.jpg

The 2 holes are for sucking cold air up(fan from underneath), and the other for letting it circulate/hoses

Cheers,

Budron

Put this before and after the url for your pictures and they will show up in the post. Like this :

Impressed and jealous! Good work. I'm still waiting for that killer deal on craigslist so I can build one. My mini fridge will have to suffice for awhile longer!

I like the idea of a smaller chest freezer. I just don't have the space in my garage for the big boys and that one looks perfect. Is the co2 outside?

Yeah i got them between
, hmm dont know.

My 2.6kg CO2 bottle will actually fit inside with the 4 kegs.

3819109567_d542676dba.jpg

Expansion for 2 more taps, when funds become available

3819109899_10d4e71c5e.jpg

I haven't decided to spay paint the bottom of the freezer, or make a frame and cover with wood.

3819110285_3980c6f2a2.jpg

Insulated the coffin, you can also see the collar

3819110645_4fd6a0d447.jpg

The 2 holes are for sucking cold air up(fan from underneath), and the other for letting it circulate/hoses

Cheers,

Budron

Took care of that for you. It takes a certain number of posts in order for the board to allow you to post pics.

It looks good, when are you getting two more taps!! You'll find out as soon as you have two rolling, you'll want to have all 4 kegs being pushed out!

Cheers baja.
I convinced SWMBO that we need 2 more taps/keg be telling her
"i'll have a cider on tap for you all the time then"

So hopefully soon. I only have 1 keg going at the moment, because 1 of the ones I got off ebay didnt hold pressure. Luckily enough, the seller is replacing for me.

Looks AWESOME. That's the kind of result I'm hoping fore, once I get around to buying a freezer....

I just finished writing a whole thing about how you should cool your wooden cabinet...then scrolled up, re-read, and realized you had it covered....so nicely done again!

Back