Best MICRO pubs in LONDON?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastricky

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be in London for the GBBF ( :ban: ). Beyond that, I'd like to visit the best micro pubs (not the big chain ones that seem to be everywhere).

What say you? Oh, here's a list I found online... no mention of The Wenlock Arms, which is supposed to be awesome... is this list accurate? Any omissions? Cheers! :mug:

The Flask Tavern Highgate London
The Roebuck Richmond London
The Seven Stars Holborn London
The Albion Barnsbury London
The Dove Hammersmith London
The Three Kings Clerkenwell London
The Hand in Hand Wimbledon London
The Spaniards Inn Hampstead London
The Palm Tree Mile End London
The Rake London Bridge London
The White Horse Fulham London
The Florence Herne Hill London
Princess Victoria Shepherd's Bush London
The Ship Wandsworth London
The Carpenter's Arms Hammersmith London
The Narrow Limehouse London
The Gun Docklands London
The Brown Dog Barnes London
The Herne East Dulwich London

hi! Not sure if this is too late for you (the festival is still on going so i hope so)

The Wenlock is a must. THE best real ale pub in London. It does not brew it's own beer (this is very rare in London - infact there are only 4 small brew pubs!)
But the Wenlock will have up to 10 interesting and non mainstream real ales on tap kept in excellent condition. Also the pub is a traditional locals East End boozer which is a treat to visit! Bar staff friendly and knowledgable.

As for actual bewpubs this one sounds very good: microbrewery london, microbrewery Cardiff, microbrewery Bristol, microbrewery reading, speciality beers london, specialty beers cardiff

Other good real ale pubs in London:

- Royal Oak in London Bridge. And it servers THE best pies! (all homemade) Royal Oak, Borough, London, SE1 4JU - pub details # beerintheevening.com

- Edgare Wallace near Holborn Edgar Wallace London - Pub & Bars Information , 40 Essex Street, Holborn

- Jerusalem Tavern London - Pub & Bars Information , 55 Britton Street, Clerkenwell

Oakdale Arms - Pub & Bars Information , 283 Hermitage Road, Harringey

The White Horse London - Pub & Bars Information , 1-3 Parsons Green, Fulham

Also, this book is fantastic. It's got over a dozen real ale walks all in London. I've done most of them and they are all fantastic!

London Pub Walks (Camra): Amazon.co.uk: Bob Steel: Books

Hope you have a good time supped ales!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back