Coopers Australian Lager.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay7792

Reaction score
Hello,

I have started my home brewing career with the purchase of the Coopers DIY beer kit, I had no problems in preparing the kit, rather enjoyed it to tell the truth!!

My question is the OG was 1.040 and the FG was 1.012, it took 12 days to reach this, I then racked the lager into bottles and placed them in a cupboard at a temp of 21 - 22 for secondary fermentation, how long should they be kept at this temp before being placed in a cool place to condition.

Thanks in advance:mug:

Jay

If you bottled them already they wouldn't be in the secondary conditioning phase they would be in the bottle conditioning phase. And did you do multiple readings to make sure that 1.012 was a stable reading, although this is low, it could still have some room to go. Although I don't think you much to worry about.

A lot of people on here will say a minimum of two weeks but if you can wait a month or longer then it would be best.

Most people on there first brew though will try one every 7 days so they can see how the beer changes in the bottle conditioning phase.

Happy brewing and welcome to the obsession.

Back