New Homebrew website needs writers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love2BrewCrew

Reaction score
In October 2011 love2brew.com and our physical love2brew homebrew store location will launch (store located in central NJ). One of the things we are doing a little different from our competitors is providing daily content in variety of areas in an effort to make love2brew.com a destination location for many home brewers.

One of the key areas of focus in our mission is to give back to the home brewing community. Both I and my partner Mark started our first homebrew together over 4 years ago. Since then we’ve both become enveloped in the hobby although branching out in different ways. A key to our success was the local and virtual homebrew communities so we want to build a business that continues to contribute back.

We’re looking for homebrewers who would be interested in writing content on a weekly basis; often being 3-4 weeks ahead of time. We are reaching out to individuals as well as posting a general application for people to apply to. There will be some minor compensation on a per-article basis that has the potential to grow as our business does. We are looking for writers for the following categories:
• Beginner (novice) level brewing
• Advanced Brewing
• Hardware
• Recipes (creative, traditional, unique, etc.)
• Beer & Food pairings (This slot is already taken by a up and coming professional chef from Manhattan)

If you’re interested in learning more please contact me directly at [email protected].

You should state the following:
• Your full name/phone/email
• Which category(s) you would be interested in writing for
• A brief about your home brewing experience, how long you’ve been brewing for, and why you think you’d be a great candidate to write.

We’re looking for consistent writers to help build our brand but also their own “personal brand” however we will also be looking for alternates from time to time.

Hmmm...I'm going to have to consider this. I used to write for a world wide publication called Scale Auto Racing News as "The Soap Box Racer" back in the mid-90's. That was fun,& had to be submitted a week in advance. So I'm used to that.
Others writing for that magazine tried to write like me,but the soul is missing. And I know what it is. I might just take you up on that...!
E-mail sent....

There are spaces after commas! I'm sure if you were a writer you would employ better grammar. I hate to rant but I can't stand it any longer!!

So did you settle on the Edison area? Thanks.
Settled on North Brunswick; great venue that is literally one minute off of route 1. Affordable and a nice size. Couldn't beat it easily the best place we found in the area in terms of value.

Only about a 10-15 drive from Edison!

Magazine space for articles being at a premium,it's an old habit. However, since you insist, Her's afew extra " " spaces.:D

I am in South Jersey but have cousins up that way that want to brew. I have offered to pack up my stuff and show them how to brew in the fall. It would be awesome to have a store nearby so we can get the ingredients locally that day instead of having to order online.

Love2BrewCrew said:
Settled on North Brunswick; great venue that is literally one minute off of route 1. Affordable and a nice size. Couldn't beat it easily the best place we found in the area in terms of value.

Only about a 10-15 drive from Edison!

Great!! Probably closer then Edison. Thanks.

I responded simply because I used to enjoy writing for that magazine. Didn't make anything from it, save for popularity. And some accolades for writing articles that helped the sport in general.
Now, being into brewing beer after a long break from wine making, I would like to start writing again. Being retired affords me the time. And getting paid something would help me at this point. Father time tells me there's no way I'm going do manual labor again. So this would be right up my alley what with my views on extract brewing. :mug:

hmmmmmm...

love2brew.jpg

^^ Website is being built; that is a basic landing page. As mentioned launch is in October. Just planning and acting ahead of time to secure the right people :)

Is this the same Ron that currently works at Brewer's Apprentice?

You should have your webmaster pull out all that sample content and put some kind of "coming soon" message on the landing page if you're going to even mention the URL.

Is this the same Ron that currently works at Brewer's Apprentice?

You should have your webmaster pull out all that sample content and put some kind of "coming soon" message on the landing page if you're going to even mention the URL.

Nope not Ron from BA; although they are great people and have a beautiful premise.

You are right about the landing page. Thanks for the advice.

Do you guys have any brew club affiliation?

No, I actually just moved back to NJ (grew up here) from NY about 2 months ago. With my current work & building the business I haven't had a ton of time to check out local clubs although I did see something about the WHALES club and looked into it. Was going to swing by their meeting but it's next Tues and I'll be in Miami for work.

Any recommendations? After we can the ball rolling I definitely want to help support and work with local clubs.

Well, there's Whales in Woodbridge (since 1996) which I'm the president of. There are also two brand new things going; Brewworldorder in Sayreville and Fermenttheworld in New Brunswick which is more of a casual group that gets together for tasting.

The Whales are big enough to get wholesale pricing on grain and we group buy a lot of other stuff, but there's a good opportunity to work out a mutually beneficial thing in the future.

Last call for anyone interested; we've had a bunch of applicants and I genuinely appreciate everyone's interest. We're making some final decisions sooon so if you think you'd be interested but haven't written me please do so asap.

Thanks,

-Ron

Update:

All writers secured with the exception of the "Recipe" column.

With that said we are still looking for an additional writer, possibly two. (One recipe but also open to other ideas not mentioned.)

@uniondr - I'm not sure if you've contacted me; initially we had some email trouble. I have personally responded to every person who I received an email from.

Thanks!

Back