Home brewers. Do you name your beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I do affix a name, I try to name a beer something that will give an indication as to its style and/or ingredients.

Usually I think I name beers so as to differentiate it from other batches of the same or similar style, for which I may have bottles or kegs still sitting around. Not always, though. My Master Exploder was given that name by a friend who asked me to make it, and I definitely don't have any other 12% ABV hop bombs sitting around.

I try to name mine punny, funny or raunchy. The goal is to make an announcer read the name at an awards ceremony. "Skeezer Pleazer Pale", "Red Rocket", "Lediall Stout", "Marble Rye", "Pliny the Middle Child", "Mr Yum", and my all time favorite "Moose Knuckle". I have a cert that reads "The judges have examined your submission of Moose Knuckle and found it to be of high quality."

I have named all of my batches - although I have repeated names within a style. And I photoshop bottle cap labels and occasionally larger labels using Avery or the like. As others mentioned, its part of the creative process for me. It also keeps me involved with brewing when I can't actually brew.

Latest posts

Back