What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noobie extract beer, something I put together out of bits and pieces - Vienna lager LME, light DME, and Cascade hops. It wouldn't win any prizes, but I like it.

FrankenAleSmall_zps8a9bd9ff.jpg

Yeah, but when people have 15 different glasses that's ridiculous. I think you just need a pint, snifter, tulip, and mason jar.

If you have more than 15 different glasses like I do ( way more) then it makes the beer taste even better lol

Sent from Patty's pub while playing CharDee MacDennis.

Had a 26 stitch and mr. Leaux him self finally put his stamp of approval on it, then had what was labeled as an ipa but to me seamed to be a saison, anyone else have this beer and think saison I harvested the slury from the bottle so looks like I got a saison yeast in the bank after I build it up

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393988513.483119.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393988541.596403.jpg

Had a 26 stitch and mr. Leaux him self finally put his stamp of approval on it, then had what was labeled as an ipa but to me seamed to be a saison, anyone else have this beer and think saison I harvested the slury from the bottle so looks like I got a saison yeast in the bank after I build it up

All the dogs I have had have been tea totalers but I'm finding my new dog defiantly likes beer, not that I encourage it.

Got fed up with getting 3/4 of a glass of foam, so tore my keg apart. Dip tube and poppet were clogged with hops.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393989191.916544.jpg

It may look like crap, and I have to chew it now, but dammit I got a proper pour!

If you have more than 15 different glasses like I do ( way more) then it makes the beer taste even better lol

Sent from Patty's pub while playing CharDee MacDennis.

I should have clarified, I meant "use" lol. I have so many different kinds from events and gifts, but I only use a few. Unless I'm wearing a horsemask, then I drink out of a French jelly glass.

I like to try to use them all but I have a couple I like to use mainly. Depends on the style but I prefer a snifter over standard pint anyday

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

I'd say I use a snifter 90% of the time, I'll use a pint when I'm drinking something really low abv so I don't have to get up as often

I should have clarified, I meant "use" lol. I have so many different kinds from events and gifts, but I only use a few. Unless I'm wearing a horsemask, then I drink out of a French jelly glass.

If you were drinking OUT OF a horse mask... Now that would be something.

SN Blindfold (Black- ipa) Frooooooooooooooookin delicious. Seriously it totally is. Its dangerously delicious. Silly rabbit. I would buy again if not in the 4-way 12 pack.

So excited right now I can't stand it! Just found out the brewery is 100% privately funded as soon as the investors (who will receive interest instead of ownership) get copies of the business plan. Now all we need is a location and to order the brew house, fermeters, brites, walkin, etc. Celebrating with a ten fidyImageUploadedByHome Brew1393992364.698866.jpg

So excited right now I can't stand it! Just found out the brewery is 100% privately funded as soon as the investors (who will receive interest instead of ownership) get copies of the business plan. Now all we need is a location and to order the brew house, fermeters, brites, walkin, etc. Celebrating with a ten fidyView attachment 183733

Wow man that is incredible. Congrats!

So excited right now I can't stand it! Just found out the brewery is 100% privately funded as soon as the investors (who will receive interest instead of ownership) get copies of the business plan. Now all we need is a location and to order the brew house, fermeters, brites, walkin, etc. Celebrating with a ten fidyView attachment 183733

Woo hoo! Congrats! When's opening day? :)

Congrats! If there's an opportunity to further invest, let me know. I'd love to get a piece of the action. Good luck!

Congrats!

Thank you! Lead time on the system is around 90 days or so. I'm guessing 3 to 4 months out

Keep us updated. New thread to follow build process? If it's not too much additional work. It would give some of us drunk dreamers some idea of work involved to 'go pro'.

Madrugada Obscura. Good grief there is a lot going on here. Up front it's got a strong lactic sour, very sour, then comes some malt sweetness, then figs and dates, and finally roastiness, hop bitterness, prunes, bile (yes, I said bile), and then a combination of flavors I can't really describe. If you put a wicker chair, a pile of oak leaves, and a wet horse in the same room and then covered the floor in a mixture of prune juice, raisin puree, apple cider vinegar, and black patent malt then that smell is what the finish on this beer tastes like to me. This is serious stuff, and I'm afraid I'm not quite up to it. I can appreciate how complex it is, but this beer makes me feel like a rookie! I can hear my palate screaming "Uncle, uncle I say!"

Ridiculously cool bottle/label/art
Madrugada Bottle.jpg

Black as the time of night it was named for
Madrugada Pour.jpg

**Edit**
I'm at the end of the bottle now. It has warmed up considerably and that vinegar finish reminds me of bile with every sip. This one is just not up my alley. For reference this was blend 15 bottled on 2/26/13

Madrugada Obscura. Good grief there is a lot going on here. Up front it's got a strong lactic sour, very sour, then comes some malt sweetness, then figs and dates, and finally roastiness, hop bitterness, prunes, bile (yes, I said bile), and then a combination of flavors I can't really describe. If you put a wicker chair, a pile of oak leaves, and a wet horse in the same room and then covered the floor in a mixture of prune juice, raisin pure, apple cider vinegar, and black patent malt then that smell is what the finish on this beer tastes like to me. This is serious stuff, and I'm afraid I'm not quite up to it. I can appreciate how complex it is, but this beer makes me feel like a rookie! I can hear my palate screaming "Uncle, uncle I say!"

Ridiculously cool bottle/label/art
View attachment 183731

Black as the time of night it was named for
View attachment 183732

**Edit**
I'm at the end of the bottle now. It has warmed up considerably and that vinegar finish reminds me of bile with every sip. This one is just not up my alley. For reference this was blend 15 bottled on 2/26/13

Maybe you should build up to it lol but JP makes some of the best sours out there period.

Keep us updated. New thread to follow build process? If it's not too much additional work. It would give some of us drunk dreamers some idea of work involved to 'go pro'.

You got it!
Having this as a nightcap and hopefully I can fall asleep afterImageUploadedByHome Brew1393995757.034987.jpg

My single greatest contribution to homebrewing: my Citra Citrus American Wheat. It's all there...the aroma, the citrus, the bitterness, the finish...did I mention the citrus? Wow! Lots of Citra hops for aroma, 1/2 oz dried sweet orange peel in primary, 1/2 oz same peel in secondary, along with zest from a large lemon soaked in rum. I am LOVING this! There will be much more of this, this summer!

DSC04282.jpg

My first glass of 2013 chardonnay wine. Harvested off of friend's vinyard. I just oaked it, and it's ready to bottle. :rockin: I guess I won't be brewing this weekend.

20140304_183836.jpg

Back