My Craigslist Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
A Brew Meister Kegerator, $100.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
Will be picking it up Saturday:)

(Edit: Or a Brew Master, I believe is the actual name)

You suck, man! That's about 1/4 what I paid to build mine! I just gotta start watching Craigslist. Mebbe if I bookmarked it I'd remember more often..............
Anyway, nice score!

Welcome to the Kegerator Klub! I envision you'll be upgrading to multiple faucets in the future.

4569-NewTapHandles2.jpg

EdWort said:
Welcome to the Kegerator Klub! I envision you'll be upgrading to multiple faucets in the future.
[/IMG]

You bet! I've just been waiting to get the refrigeration unit before looking for a second keg.

I'll have it just in time for our new years party, and I've had a Belgian Wit kegged for a while now, the fridge it was supposed to go in died...

Well, we picked it up Saturday morning. Heck of a drive from Racine to Waukesha but well worth it. The slightly elderly gentleman mentioned that his son told him he sold it too cheap...I just kept my mouth shut. It came with two CO2 bottles (about 10 lbs each) and an extra tower!
Got it home and plugged it in, took about 30 minutes to switch over adapters to fit the corny keg.
My Belgian Wit on tap was a huge hit at the New Years Eve party and the keg was dead by 11:30. It's a beautiful thing!
ONly thing it's missing is a drip tray, gonna have to do a little shopping.

I got this fridge for FREE! Works great too. Guy that had it was trying to switch the handles and ****ed it up and could not fix it so he gave it away.

4538-DSCN1034.JPG

And this as well. An old bar shutdown and this was FREE too. So excited I can't wait for my kegs to get here ( I am doing the "Great fridge project")

I think it is like 35-40 lb, it's about 4.5 ft. high if someone wants to take a stab at the size of the tank.

4538-DSCN1035.JPG

I think the tank is a nitro tank. Is there a way to tell?

An if it is can I have it filled with co2 instead?

TUCK said:
I think the tank is a nitro tank. Is there a way to tell?

An if it is can I have it filled with co2 instead?

well the blue cap suggests nitro, but the green diamond sticker usually means CO2

if it is a nitro tank, then no you can put CO2 in it. But Im sure you can always exchange the cylinder

The label near the top will say what gas it has in it. Looks like a fifty pound CO2 tank to me. If it is not a CO2 tank you don't want to fill it with CO2 you want to trade it and most welding shops will trade it at no charge. Welcome to the club. :mug:

yea, it looks like an aluminum 50 lb co2 tank. if it is a beergas tank or nitrogen tank, it would be a 200 cf tank, i think? maybe a 120 cf tank, not sure though.

regardless, like others have said, even if it isn't co2, you can trade for a co2 tank. make sure they trade you an aluminum tank though... i have a steel one, and it is 125 lbs by itself, and when filled with 50 lbs of co2... that is quite heavy to move around. i only use it for serving because of this, and expect it to last for 3-5+ years, hopefully, so i don't have to move it around very often.

So do you think that the gas store (where I exchange my co2 tank (20lb) for paintball) would be able to swap it out?

How much do you think it is worth...just curious?

Thanks for the info guys.

Yes they should be able to swap it out for you. A fifty pound CO2 tank at the shop I go to is $240 but I have seen used ones for $110.

Back