Is this nutz or normal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
I just finished brewing 80 gallons. I had an og of 1.072 and 2 days later its 1.010.
I used a 5 gallon pitch.
Correct me if I am wrong but this is almost completely fermented right

That's completely normal. You had a very vigorous fermentation, and it's nearly complete. Still, leave it alone for a week or so before dumping the trub or racking.

So most of the vigorous heat has ended to correct? I can now start it in the warm at around 63 and build to 68 over time right?

Way to go!

I'd seen all your build threads and question threads, but hadn't seen one saying you'd made a batch...glad it's going well.

I certainly admire the guts.

Nice! ... 80 gallons...Boldly done. Let us know if you need any help when it hits the taps. At about 8% alcohol that one could take a while to finish.

well i feel confident enough to say this now. But making beer is like sex. you dont have to know every single thing about it. You just need to stick it in, stir it around and wait for that warm and fuzzy feeling.

On a serious note. I think every single one of you over the last year has helped me get here thank you so much. This site, experience its all just the best!

'...beer is like sex. you dont have to know every single thing about it. You just need to stick it in, stir it around and wait for that warm and fuzzy feeling...'

Ummm...you stick what in your beer? Yup...never want one of your beers!

Latest posts

Back