plastic tubing clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
does anyone use these to maintain a siphon from your HLT? i've just run into the issue when i close my valve after getting the first batch sparge, it's damn near impossible to get the flow started again once the liquid level drops below the height of the valve body (i do have a dip tube and it drains fine when i leave it flowing). i was thinking i could just pinch the hose with one of these instead of stopping the flow completely at the valve.

also, where the heck can you find these things locally? has anyone had any luck finding them at lowes/HD?

Yes. I have a clamp on my hose that runs from my hex to my sparge arm. I am getting clamps for a couple other areas of my rig to minimize wort loss when brewing and breaking connections.

Also, I have had no luck finding them locally and I have tried several places.

thanks fellas. i'll look a few more places and then bite the bullet and buy them online if need be.

Back