Red Nectar clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVbrewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I've learned a great deal just browsing through the variuos posts. I'm looking for an all grain Red Nectar ale recipe. The website says 2-row, wheat, crystal 75...chinookm mt. hood, and cascade, but I don't know where to begin with proportions. Any help would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I've learned a great deal just browsing through the variuos posts. I'm looking for an all grain Red Nectar ale recipe. The website says 2-row, wheat, crystal 75...chinookm mt. hood, and cascade, but I don't know where to begin with proportions. Any help would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

Try downloading a program like BeerTools (you can even download a trial version to see if you like it). They make it really easy to punch in those ingredients then tweak and adjust until the info matches up with the website specs. I'd think you could get something close rather easily.

Thanks for the tip I'll check it out this evening. Currently I'm leaning towards this recipe:

8.5# 2-row
1# Crystal 75l
1/2# wheat
1/2oz-3/4 Chinook 60min
1/2oz Mt. Hood 15 min
1oz Cascade finish
California ale yeast

Even if it doesn't match the original, I'm sure it will be a tasty beverage.

Back