Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked into it at one time. I can predict the responses you'll get:
- It works OK
- Kind of pricey considering you have to buy the inflator thingies for every batch
- Convenient to bring to parties, etc.
- Not as good as kegging in the long run (so why not spend the money on kegs and be done with it).

shrades - I am a new brewer and used the party pig for about 5 batches and then bought a used kegerator. It works good but you have to be careful that the pressure pouches are fresh. They do last a long time but I bought serveral at one time and when I used the second and third pouch I had problems holding pressure..It still worked but it didn't push the beer out but just held enough pressure from making the beer go flat. You had to tilt it to get the beer out. Also another word of advice if you do get it is to follow the directions when it comes to the priming sugar..Do not just rack on top of the priming sugar for the full 5 gallons and put 2 gallons in the party pig..This will make it foam a lot. As I found out it takes less sugar to carbonate for any type of keg. If you have any questions you can PM me.

AH HA! so the pouches can get old you say - i'm experienceing the same thing - low pressure - somewhat flat - i bought a few pouches quite a while ago and was wondering if that might be true

Back