5 gallon Igloo MLT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spigot hole is the same size?

Cool.

With the help I am getting here, I may be up and running AG by the first of the year.

The spigot hole is the same size?

Cool.

With the help I am getting here, I may be up and running AG by the first of the year.

Yep...the 3/5/10 gallon coolers all have the same spigot. You may need more or fewer washers to deal with the varying wall thickness, but otherwise it's all the same build. I started with a 3 gallon, moved the same hardware to a 5, and now I've bought a 10 gallon to convert! Although the hardware will still fit, I'm thinking I'll keep the 5 gallon MLT for smaller batches.

Good luck with the switch to AG, you'll find it's a lot easier than you thought. Not only do you spend less on ingredients and get better beer, it opens up virtually limitless new ways to tweak and modify your ingredients and methods. I'm a much more enthusiastic brewer after making the switch.

Here is another thread on converting to a MLT using 1/2" components for better flow.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/15-ball-valve-bulkhead-lowes-22595/

(1) A-836 1/2"MIP x 1 1/2" Brass pipe nipple
(1) 1/2" x 1/2" FPT x Barb female adapter
(2) 3/4" SS flat washer
(2) 1 1/8" OD x 5/8" ID Rubber grommets (for inner and outer seal)
(1) 1/2" x 1/2" MPT x barb Male adapter
(1) 1/2" threaded ball valve

I used a bit of this project and a bit of that.

But, most of what I used came out of "How to Brew". His "loop of SS Braid" filter is very neat.

I need a little piece of tubing and it will be ready for a load of grain. I'll try to take some pics Sunday.

Thanks to all.

Back