Yooper's New Avatar Lifted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ever hear of the Hash House Harriers? :D

The International HHH

No one understands this better than a group of runners known as the Hash House Harriers, who proudly describe themselves as "Drinkers with a Running Problem."

The Hash House Harriers is an international association of runners who place fun above performance and forbid competition. Founded in Malaysia in 1938 by a group of English businessmen, there are currently Hash Houses in over 30 countries and almost every state in America.

Most members know that being even slightly dehydrated going into a run reduces performance by up to three percent, but they could care less. This from Terence Kavanaugh an "elder statesman" from the Cambridge University Hash Club in England: "If I had to just run by myself...and I knew a beer and a chat with a mate weren't involved, I don't think I'd ever get out the door. You have to balance it up, the health benefits I get from my runs with the social benefits of drinking alongside. Does one cancel out the other? Not for me. It all outweighs being some dedicated running teetotaller who never cracks a smile and runs to cut his medical bill. Well, that's my definition of health at least."

Drinking.jpg

125 views / 0 replies. Between the cold treatment and YooperBrew changing her avatar again my neurotic paranoia is acting up. Hope I didn’t offend. Guess I’m too old to develop a Gnome like ability to express humor. Better stick to making homebrew.
:eek:

You're not paranoid. We really are out to get you.
I'm so paranoid that I'll edit my post instead of replying just so I'm not the one to kill the thread.

:cross:

Who are the Aves?

(I think you mean Avs ;))

So in that regard, here's this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG-ooNcV-E4]YouTube - Amazing Zetterberg Goal[/ame]

In Eugene, OR, there is a running group that runs between various pubs in town. Their t-shirts say something similiar.

i prefer this one [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s]YouTube - Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Av's (FULL '97 brawl)[/ame]

I remember hearing the "Drinkers with a Running Problem" phrase when I was running cross country in college 10 years ago.

Haha- I don't know where it first came from. But, I found it floating around on the internet, and it sure seems to suit me.

But, that avatar was so yesterday..............................:D

Back