Dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO ordered me a grain mill for Christmas (I know not much of a surprise). According to UPS the Barley Crusher will be here tomorrow. She wants to put it under the tree wrapped.

My dilemma is how can I possibly buy crushed grains knowing there is a mill in the house.

When I was a kid I wanted a Mattel Electronics Football game real bad. Prior to Christmas I saw it wrapped under the tree. I would come home from school unwrap it, play it and wrap it back up before the parents got home...

What would you do???

Your SWMBO is evil! How can you buy a man a gift and then not let him have it for nearly three months! You have to fight back here. It might cost you a pair of diamond earrings, but buy them quick, show them to her, then hide them. You'll get your crusher.

Buy a sack of basemalt grains, crush the whole thing and then put it back wherever she hides it. She surely isn't going to wrap it yet is she?

Or you could just reason with her... :fro:

Did she say "I got you a mill for christmas" and then deny you access to it? How evil!

If you found out incidnetally, and don't "officially" own one, go out and buy the EXACT same model - either she'll cave for you to return yours or she'll return hers (but know she got you EXACTLY what you wanted).

Or... You could do what my wife and I do and stop celebrating Christmas because that damn gift giving thing can get pretty akward PDQ.

Chris_Dog said:
SWMBO ordered me a grain mill for Christmas (I know not much of a surprise). According to UPS the Barley Crusher will be here tomorrow. She wants to put it under the tree wrapped.

My dilemma is how can I possibly buy crushed grains knowing there is a mill in the house.

When I was a kid I wanted a Mattel Electronics Football game real bad. Prior to Christmas I saw it wrapped under the tree. I would come home from school unwrap it, play it and wrap it back up before the parents got home...

What would you do???

No one wants to hear from an old guy like me, but i'm going to tell you anyway. SWMBO, is the most important person, or thing, or hobby, or activity in your life. She got you your toy because she loves you. She is not evil, or does she want to torture you. Have some patience and keep using pre-crushed till Xmas. You won't see a big amount of difference anyway, and it is just an extra step to contend with. When you get it , tell her you are naming your first home-crushed beer after her. PS. Now buy her what she wants for Xmas................:)

So is the dilemma how she will mete out your punishment because it sounds like you want to screw this up.

;)

-another (perhaps not as old as OF) old guy.

No one wants to hear from an old guy like me, but i'm going to tell you anyway. SWMBO, is the most important person, or thing, or hobby, or activity in your life. She got you your toy because she loves you. She is not evil, or does she want to torture you. Have some patience and keep using pre-crushed till Xmas. You won't see a big amount of difference anyway, and it is just an extra step to contend with. When you get it , tell her you are naming your first home-crushed beer after her. PS. Now buy her what she wants for Xmas................

You are right!!! (reality is I don't want to wait).
She didn't hide it from me, I orderded the mill.

So sing freakin' "Jingle Bells" while you mill your grain. The damn thing is paid for, already.

Latest posts

Back