Looking for a good but fast wine ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi74

Reaction score
Was just looking for an easy, quick, but good tasting wine. That tomato batch had me so I couldn't think rite. What a nightmare!!! So if anyone has a recipe that involves watermelon, melon, easy, good tasting, did I say easy?, quick, maybe 5 gal. or so. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Any juice wine should be pretty easy, and quicker than fruit. Apple and grape seem to be the most popular, but if it can be fermented, they've tried it. The kits are probably your best bet for honestly good and quick wine... Not cheap though.

Hope this helps.

I have a Welch's juice recipe posted, as well as a recipe for apple juice (all store bought) that are easy are quick. Well, quick for wine, anyway. Joe's Ancient Orange Mead is another quick but good one.

"Good" and "Fast" are mutually exclusive terms when talking about wine.

Unless you consider 3 months to be "fast". Mist-style kits are ready in about that long. Some are surprisingly good!

What is a " mist"? Is it like a wine cooler or something lite alcohol?

Can you just order these on-line or where can you get these?

Either online or at your local homebrew shop. Keep in mind that the box is fairly heavy and shipping can be expensive, so be sure you compare TOTAL costs. My LHBS ends up costing about the same as online+shipping, and I like supporting them.

Was just looking for an easy, quick, but good tasting wine. That tomato batch had me so I couldn't think rite. What a nightmare!!! So if anyone has a recipe that involves watermelon, melon, easy, good tasting, did I say easy?, quick, maybe 5 gal. or so. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for a good but fast wine is a little like looking for a good but fast girl. It might taste good for the moment but it will lack the flavor and elegance of maturity.

I suggest a strategy of making wines that will be fun to drink early, and to also build wines worthy of a longer term commitment.

How about a quick, cheap, easy and very yummy blackberry jam wine that you can drink early but also gets better with time?

Visit WallyWorld to buy
16 - 1.2 lb. jars of blackberry jam for a 6 gallon batch
6 lbs. of sugar
water to 6.5 gallons, mix thoroughly and add
6 tsp. acid blend
1/2 tsp. wine tannin
6 tsp. pectic enzyme
6 tsp. yeast nutrient
Kv1116 yeast

Variations on this recipe should work fine. I make this wine with ~5-8 lbs. of fermented red wine grape skins which adds tannins and grape character.

It's OK to get creative. Fruit, sugar, and yeast makes wine. If you follow good sanitation practices, you can make wine that tastes good on the first time out.

I scaled this to 5 gallons and did one strawberry and one blackberry. We'll see here in a while! Thanks for the recipe!

I just mixed this up for the second time as I drink a tall glass of the first batch. Thank you again for the very simple enjoyable wine recipe. This time I did 10 gallons of strawberry and I hope to leave it all alone until the berries really show up.

Man I wish I knew about these kinds of things when I was in college. Hahahahaha! Then again, I might have got locked up. Maybe we should have a jam/preserves wine recipe thread.?...

Thanks again,

Swifty

Back