What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having this, which as you can see, is labeled as a Belgian Imperial Stout. What I'm drinking, though, is quite sour and tastes nothing like a Belgian Imperial Stout, at least not any that I've ever had. Now, it is drinkable and in fact, would make a passable sour, but I highly doubt this is what the brewers intended the experience to be like. From what I can tell, it's a ten year old bottle, but I don't know if that 2003 on the label is the bottling year or just the year the brewery opened. Not sure if you can see it, but there does appear to be an infection ring around the neck of the bottle. I'm going to finish this because it is pleasantly sour, but I would like to try this as it was meant to be enjoyed.

20140103_125500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Trappist Achel - Another first try. Delicious, complex yet subtle flavours on the palate. Slightly sweet, while I tend to prefer slightly dryer beers this is a nice change. Strong @ 8%.

It's up to 15 F here in Groton and it feels like 0 F. Methinks it's time for an imperial stout. :)

It's been cold as hell here. All of the coastal towns are warmer. I poured a beer and had it out in the driveway sitting for about 8-10 minutes. I took a sip of it and felt like it had crushed ice in it. Parts of the head began to freeze.

I'm inside now, so all is good.

Having this, which as you can see, is labeled as a Belgian Imperial Stout. What I'm drinking, though, is quite sour and tastes nothing like a Belgian Imperial Stout, at least not any that I've ever had. Now, it is drinkable and in fact, would make a passable sour, but I highly doubt this is what the brewers intended the experience to be like. From what I can tell, it's a ten year old bottle, but I don't know if that 2003 on the label is the bottling year or just the year the brewery opened. Not sure if you can see it, but there does appear to be an infection ring around the neck of the bottle. I'm going to finish this because it is pleasantly sour, but I would like to try this as it was meant to be enjoyed.

20140103_125500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I think it was founded in 2003. wiki

Others on beeradvocate said it was infected but not all of them. (Bored at work)

Happy New Year HbT!
Sorry so late. I just left French Broad Brewing, great beer, good conversation!

Biltmore Vilage traffic at 4 on Friday afternoon? You're a brave soul.

Having a brown saison. Still sucks. Doubt I'll suffer through the whole thing.

Sculpin while relaxing before the kids get home with their cousins for a sleepover... glad I got plenty of beer for the night!

1388784200408.jpg

Water right now, doing a hop stand of mosaic and Columbus, 20 minutes to go!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Alright I'm back, barely though. Yesterday was -5 today has been -10 all day. Just ordered stuff to brew an Abner clone. Anyone in here a water chemist or can help me figure out some water editions? I'm drinking a SA FezziwigImageUploadedByHome Brew1388784631.719207.jpg

Alright I'm back, barely though. Yesterday was -5 today has been -10 all day. Just ordered stuff to brew an Abner clone. Anyone in here a water chemist or can help me figure out some water editions? I'm drinking a SA FezziwigView attachment 169973

I use the Bru'n water spreadsheet and build up r/o water for all my brews. It's a free download if you google it. It can be a little confusing at first, but it is easy once you get used to it.

Drinking a fantastic IPA to celebrate my find today :mug: Havent seen a love child in months and just grabbed the one and only bottle they had! Happy Friday to me :D

2014-01-03 15.48.18.jpg

2014-01-03 15.19.08.jpg

Continuing on my build a 6 i bought (picking out the ones with cool labels) A Mission Carrack Imperial Red. I think this may be unfiltered as it poured quite cloudy. Pretty tasty though.

ForumRunner_20140103_173931.jpg

Wow, your weather back east sucks...

You inspired me to have my HB blonde on the back patio while I still can :).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388789823.872833.jpg

We're supposed to get hit with cold and snow tonight

Having a HB porter while waiting for my fiancee to get home. Only thing I can think to change is maybe a little less black patent.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Back