What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking my first Belgian triple ever! My homebrew club is having a competition January for them and I wanted to make sure I could drink 5 gallons before starting it.

Verdict: I can, at least this one is quite good.

Bornem triple ale (brewed by Br. Van Steenberge, Ertvelde)

home brewed american brown ale. its Jamills recipe that I tweeked a bit to my taste and brewery effencies (with the help of you all) its warm flat and KILLER.
JJ

Stone IPA

I have had this stuff many times before, but having one again now reminded me how great this beer is. To me, this is the perfect example of American IPA. It's loaded with hops, is plenty bitter, yet still has the malt character and just a hint of sweetness to balance it all out. Definately one of my all time favorites and a goal to work toward.

Sampled the following homebrews tonight:
Tim Hortons Coffee Stout: Chilled down this one is hot and boozy as I expected at this point. Needs more time in the bottle but is going to be a good one when matured. As the brew warms the roasted malts, chocolate malt and coffee really bloom. Brewbabe declared it too boozy for her as is.

Belgian Golden Strong Ale: I was shooting for blond/golden and hit the mark. Big fluffy white head and carb like a duvel. Fermented in the bottom 70s with WPL570 and has all sorts of spicy yeasty character to mingle with the extra bump of saaz. Brewbabe approved.

Tossed a new commercial into the mix:
Haand Bryggeriet Norwegian Wood - Made with smoked malt and juniper berries in small batches by a member of the Scandinavian Craft Brewers Guild. Interesting mix of flavors, with plenty of balance considering. Way over carb'd and dam near gushed out of the oversized glass with a moderate pour. Starts sweet, goes into smoke and berry and finishes with the juniper spice. Lots going on.

Erik:

That Oberon is fantastic. Just crawled home from CJ's Brewing (Commerce Township), J.T. makes a excellent IPA!!!!:rockin:

Cheers!!

Drink up and brew on!!!!:mug:

John

Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: IPA

Just finished my DIPA v1.0. Might be my best brew ever. So delicious! I tried to mimic (not clone) Bell's HopSlam, but (and I'm not bragging) I think I bested it. Plus now...after a sommerbock, a smoked porter and the DIPA, I do believe I'm a bit tipsy. Yeeeeehaw, bitchez!

Had a nice Blond from Biermuncher followed by his Tasty Kolsch, followed by a Tecate 32 oz (need the bottle so I can fill it with Apfelwein) and lastly some Draft Haus Pale Ale.

Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA. A very solid IPA. Definately a good example of a "West Coast" IPA. Plenty of bitterness kick to it, and a full mouthfeel.

Jaybird said:
a nice american brown I brewed about oh 6 weeks ago its a Jamill recipe I changed a bit to match my system. ITS GOOOOOOD!!!
JJ

So I guess it turned out good. Looks like I might try to make that one in the future.

eriktlupus said:
ARCADIA ALES "ipa" very drinkable well balanced gone to soon:rockin:

A friend gave me a selection of Arcadia brews from a sampler....did you notice anything unusual about the IPA aroma?

I've got a 2006 Double Bastard Ale from Stone Brewery. At 10% I'm
already getting toasted and I still have a third of the bottle to go.

no home brew but I bought a six pack of firestone pale ale. Drinking it as we speak. I think it tastes a little closer to an IPA than a pale ale. Sort of a mellow IPA.

Anyone else have opinions on it.

I would like to brew a mellow IPA, that others can drink and not ask,"What is this, poison?"

I'm defrosting my Haier Kegerator. The chill plate in the back was all frosted up and I had to change out the Haus Pale and the Bavarian Hefe, so no time like the present.

So in the mean time, it's time for a few..

_glas.jpg

Drinking my American Special Amber Ale. It's special because I used a little more hops than normal and used 3 lbs of american 2 row with specialty grains. It was a partial mash. Nice and hoppy with a higher ABV.

Wooo, Ed, Eggenberg Pils roxxorz. Ever had the Natur Trub? Damn fine, especially with guacamole...

Right now my poor glass is empty. So far I've had...Steffiweizen, Coriander Wit, Imperial Punkin Pie. Guess I need another, as my buzz is pretty weak right now...but that might also have something to do with the fact that I've spent my night both demo'ing a wall in our living room, and chasing my escape artist of a dog through our neighborhood. Little bastard. We drove around for an hour looking for him...finally found him prancing around about a half mile away. So, yeah, I need more homebrew, stat!

I had a SNPA and now some sparkling apfelwein. Man, this stuff goes down easy. :drunk: (that's what she said?)

Just finished Joebou4860's Obi-Wan Kenobi's Succulent Pufferfish Brown Ale, great beer. Next, one of my APAs, then apfelwein if the night permits.

This weekend went down like this:

Friday - Clipper City Loose Cannon IPA and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Saturday - Murphy's Irish Stout and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

I try to get a six pack of something I've never had before and this week it was the Loose Cannon. It was a very tasty IPA but holy hangover. I drank 5 of them and my head was killing me all day Saturday. Well, until I drank my first murphy's.

BNVince said:
This weekend went down like this:

Friday - Clipper City Loose Cannon IPA and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Saturday - Murphy's Irish Stout and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

I try to get a six pack of something I've never had before and this week it was the Loose Cannon. It was a very tasty IPA but holy hangover. I drank 5 of them and my head was killing me all day Saturday. Well, until I drank my first murphy's.

I would imagine so considering that loose cannon runs 7.25%.

This past weekend was:

Green Flash IPA w/ smoked salmon & BBQ sweet potatoes
Troegs Dead Reckoning Porter w/ shrimp & scallop kabobs
My Fullers London Porter clone all by its lonesome

Went Boy Scout camping with my son the whole weekend, crashed through the door Sunday and grabbed a nice Peaches & Cream and finished the evening off with one of my 22oz Nut Brown's.

My weekend was chock full of awesome, copious cellar603 homebrew consumption coupled with demo'ing walls and then drywall installation, and plenty of time at the boss's pool.

I'm really, really digging my version of Ed's Haus Pale. Had a few of those bitchez. Went through plenty of my Steffiweizen (now tasting more and more like a Saison) and Coriander Wit. Had a really great bottle of PacGem Special Bitter last night. Dunno why, but it tasted exceptionally delicious by the pool. Also had a 750 of Apfelwein, which went over very will with everyone. And yesterday, I cracked open one of my aging Pine Tree Porters that has been chilling in the lagerator for at least 6 months. The spruce has mellowed, but it's still like gnawing on a pine tree. I do believe I went through some Summerbock as well. Damn, I love having a homebrew backstock.

Just finished: one-week-in-bottle Fat Tire Clone, Hefeweizen, big New Castle (skunked:mad: ), Kolsch from Rhubarb

Next: Samuel Smith's Nut Brown, Great Divide IIPA

I think it's on to water for me. The wife and the inlaws are going to sleep...and I've had some Brown Ring of Fire Pale Ale, Burninator Barleywine, Old Slug (carbonated finally!!) and some Furst Gewurtz. Gonna save the rest of my stash for the rest of the weekend...

Back