4" diamond plate steel/aluminum square tube source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimtas

Reaction score
Haveing a hard time finding 4" square tube in diamond in either steel or aluminum. My hands won't fit in a 3" pipe so going for 4" square. If if can't find the tubeing I'll just use plate cut to shape and weld it.

Do any of you have any sources?

Ok I hit up my local steel mill at lunch. I can't find what I'm looking for as it's not made. I could use sheets but it would require two welds once they were cut and broke to size. Back to the drawing board for the tower.

Find someone with a press brake and proper tooling and they can bend the square for you. Then you just have to weld 1 seem. Or have some someone bend 2 pieces 90 degrees then you just have to weld 2 seems.

You can also try to find someone with a plate roller to roll your plate to 4" round. It would take a small roller though and Im not sure diamond tread is rollable.

my local steel mill has a brake. I coined the idea with them on making the three brakes thus one seam, Their concern on a 4" square would be whats called "Back Brake" bending in the opposite direction of the intended brake. I don't want two seems on my tap tower so I'll probably go back to the original thought and just build an Irish Coffin. It will be out of place in my garage so was just toying with the idea of making the keezer more industral ;)

Back