Rolling Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaanMuller

Reaction score
Hello

I am Daan, I have been a brewer for nearly 3 years mostly in Australia. There I had a simple all grain setup included a Boil-keggle with a Nasa burner...

I moved back to Columbia South Carolina, and have begun getting the setup together ready for a brew day on saturday. Testing the hotwater tun and the boil keggle, which are both sanke kegs.

I am using a turkey burner with a hp reg. I can get from 20c to 90c very quickly, however getting to the rolling boil just does not seem to work. I get to a boil, but very weak one.

I am not sure if I am getting enough heat or I am loosing to much heat from the keggle.

I am lost here, I don't think humidity has much to do with it?

any solutions?

Beerbelly Brewing Equipment - Heating products, burners , elements and safety devices.

Link to the Nasa burner which looks just like your basic turkey burner

Your burner looks fine. Have you thought about building a heat shield around your keggle? My keggle heats up in no time, so I'm not sure why you'd have problems with it.

Your burner looks fine. Have you thought about building a heat shield around your keggle? My keggle heats up in no time, so I'm not sure why you'd have problems with it.

What would you suggest in a heat shield?

I pulled the burner apart and gave it a good cleaning. I also increased the hole size from the hose to the burner to help flow. I will give it another test tomorrow in the garage.

I am also getting alot of soot, more than I normally got in Australia... The burner air vents are wide open, so not entirely sure why so much soot.

Back