Anyone see or use this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is pretty sick. Though I'd suspect you'd be pretty restricted by the size of the top burner. I'm not too well-versed in tiered setups for AG but wouldn't you use the top burner for your hot liquor tank, and the bottom burner for your BK? You'd have to have your mash tun on the ground or something, I don't know.

Yeah pretty much. I was thinking I already have a stand alone burner that I could put next to the whole set up and pump the wort from the MT to the BK. I just dont have the means to weld so I thought this might be a lazy way to pull it all together!

This is really not all that bad. I do not know the tech specs on this. My biggest concern would be weight of a large batch. The burns can prob be swapped around pretty easy.

A serious benefit, if you wanted to mash in coolers and have a pump, you could set up a second RIMS/pump cart and have a decent modular set up. So there is a decent direction to build to as well.

Might be worth the drive to Hamburg where my local Cabelas is located to take a loo. Always like a good excuse to go there!

I use this same model King Kooker. I got mine at Sam's Club online, but you can also get them from Amazon. I love the thing and can't imagine any other setup. I heat my water up top. Mash on the bottom level. Drain to the brew kettle on the ground. Then move the kettle onto the bottom level (jet burner) for the boil. I do wish the bottom burner was more spread out, but for the price...I'm happy with the jet burner.

I use this same model King Kooker. I got mine at Sam's Club online, but you can also get them from Amazon. I love the thing and can't imagine any other setup. I heat my water up top. Mash on the bottom level. Drain to the brew kettle on the ground. Then move the kettle onto the bottom level (jet burner) for the boil. I do wish the bottom burner was more spread out, but for the price...I'm happy with the jet burner.

Do you get enough height to feed the MT and BK with gravity, or do you need to use a pump? It looks like there isn't much of a height difference between them.

Do you get enough height to feed the MT and BK with gravity, or do you need to use a pump? It looks like there isn't much of a height difference between them.

Yep. Just gravity. No pump yet. I have been putting a cooler under the HLT during the sparge to get a little more force going. The bottom level is about the same height as my 15 gal BK and the ale pail. There is an inch or two gap between the top of the kettle or pail and the ball valve. I use a little tubing to drain the Mash Tun slowly to the bottom of the kettle, but just open the valve full throttle and splash the cooled wort into the pail.

I ended up buing one of these burners and one of these burners for under $100 total. Looks like it would accomplish the same thing cheaper. I built a stand to raise my cooler MLT above the height of my BK so I could gravity feed the wort. The HLT and MLT are basically the same height, but I just use a pitcher or a pot to dip the water out of the HLT and pour it into the MLT. But, I batch sparge.

Back