what's the biggest beer you've ever made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
what was the approx alcohol percentage? what style? how was it?

Strong Scotch Ale
8.75%abv. The maltyness needed to cover the alcohol was just to heavy. Very think. I added to much peated malt. Just to much in general.

Barley wine @ ~11.5%

It's coming up on 1 year old this October and has gone through some really interesting changes....at this point, it's quite fantastic.

English Barleywine @ 1.104 for 11% ABV. I brewed it last December. It should be ready for this Christmas, though I might enter it into the Dixie Cup (October) to see how it fares.

Chad

what was the approx alcohol percentage? what style? how was it?
Actually I have two that were very close to each other. Years ago I brewed an Eisbock that was around 12%. Brewed a Thomas Hardy's clone back in May that had an O.G. of 1.132 and also came in around 12%. Very young and malty right now but tastes very close to Hardy's now to leave it alone and let it age. Plan on brewing another with in the next month.

Belgian Strong Ale 1.104 - it's been a year since brewing, but I'm still not sure if it's for drinking or marinating. Getting better, but still not quite right.

Imperial "Irish coffee" stout 1.116. When racking to secondary it was already at 11.8% abv with a nice alcohol warming sensation and aromatic coffee taste. I'm bottling tomorrow with 1lb of lactose and 26oz of Jameson Irish whiskey.

And I'm soon going to bottle my 1.086 ~9% strong scotch ale.:cross:

My 999 Barleywine is still going strong after a week in the chamber. It started at 1.128 I can hardly wait to see how it turns out. Other than that, I make a Belgian strong dark ale that starts at 1.107 and Belgian strong golden ale (DT clone) that starts at 1.092.

Mine was my first beer... Brewed New years day, bottled 4 months later racking three times. Tastes amazing so far. I have put this into 550ml IV bottles which gives it a great look. I cant wait to see how this ages as it is dangerously good (we kind of figured it would be hense the IV bottles lol)

og=1.170 (guessing as my hydrometer goes to 1.16) fg=1.037 for an abv of 17%

Mine was my first beer... Brewed New years day, bottled 4 months later racking three times. Tastes amazing so far. I have put this into 550ml IV bottles which gives it a great look. I cant wait to see how this ages as it is dangerously good (we kind of figured it would be hense the IV bottles lol)

og=1.170 (guessing as my hydrometer goes to 1.16) fg=1.037 for an abv of 17%

What yeast did you ferment w/ for that abv?

I've done 4 beers that were 10-11%abv but my biggest so far is the 999 I did yeasterday. OG= 1.150 as is it would be pushing the 17% mark but I'm going to cut it with some water. That's just to damn high.

1.122 barleywine in secondary for 2 months now, bottling soon, and 1.091 RIS brewed last year and tastes amazing, kinda like a bourbon county stout, oaked it and everything.

Well, the mead I have in the primary now, but that's not really beer (1.110 OG though!)...

My IPA...1.074 OG, 1.018 FG, roughly 8% ABV and 80 IBU.

Back