Alternative to Bruery Yeast for Autumn Maple Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastsecondapex

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has a good alternative to The Bruery's house yeast for an Autumn Maple clone.

I need a Belgian strain with 85-95% attenuation and phenolics on the cleaner side. I would just step up some of their yeast, but I cannot get Bruery beers in South Carolina.

Or, if anyone has a reserve of Bruery's house yeast that they stepped up- pm me, I'd gladly pay for shipping/handling!

Also, just for your information, I'm planning on using WLP550 in a beer inspired by Autumn Maple. I have read that the Bruery brewer recommends WLP570 for clones of their Rugbrod, and from what I understand they have one house culture for all of their beers, so you could also go with that. After reading up on WLP550 it seemed to be the best match for my brew though.

As an update, I did culture some Bruery yeast from an old Orchard White I traded for. I'll probably brew in the next few weeks, so anyone wanting my washed yeast, let me know and I'll ship some for the price of shipping.

What recipe did you go with? And yeah, I'd love some yeast. I don't want to do a clone, but thinking of doing an Appalachian version with sorghum syrup and Spanish Red sweet potatos. Bruery beers are in NC next time you head to Asheville. Autumn Maple and Oud Tart were on tap this weekend

Back