The Guardian of my Centennials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighBrew88

Reaction score
He can stay as long as he likes!

image-1904119929.jpg

Either your hops and rope are humongous or that's the smallest praying mantis I've ever seen!

Nice, healthy looking bines. I wish my centennials looked that good.

I'm hoping he'll get bigger and have some relatives around somewhere. Thanks, I give them fish emulsion every 3-4 weeks and they seem to love it!

@passedpawn - I am too, they're only first year plants...

I uploaded the pic to instagram earlier today and I thought the way the filter was applied really made the mantis stick out, hence why I'm posting a similar picture.
image-2325201181.jpg
He sat around all day guarding that Centennial by the way, I checked several times and he was still there. I posted on another thread last week about some wooly aphids I had been dealing with, haven't seen one single aphid all day.

I also found a mini mantis in the nasturtiums growing with my Chinook. These are the bugs that make me hesitant to add pesticides...

DSC09848.jpg

I had a bunch two years ago, then none last year. I'm hoping they come back this year. They are fascinating, and a little scary when they grow up.

Back