Good for a laugh.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJDMusic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I brewed my first extract beer tonight. Long story short I got to chilling it with a garden hose attached to a pre-chiller leading to a immersion chiller. About one minute into the chilling process the hose going into the pre-chiller came loose. Hit me right in the face (the hose not the water). After wrestling the hose down and turning off the water outside I was able to reattach it to the chiller. After everything calmed down, I looked at my kitchen. Every thing was soaked from the fridge and stove to the living room. I barely had enough towels to soak it all up. I will be double checking all fittings and clamps in the future.

The one down side to having lots of fancy equipment when making something simple like beer....**** happens. At least you and the beer are ok.

Oooh! Same thing happened to me.

First time, I had the outlet hose kinked, and the hose leading to the chiller blew. Water everywhere, and I couldn't just reconnect it. Had to cut it off, bolt to the hardware store to get a clamp, then reconnect.

Second time, the outlet hose came off the copper. Sprayed water all in the kettle. I thought for sure that batch would come out infected, but it was fine.

Only difference is I brew in my garage, so no real harm done from spraying water.

Back