So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegged my blonde last night. Just brewed up a pseudo stella. Here's hoping that with cold temps I can get super clean flavor from this pacman. I just don't have the chiller built yet, but everyone keeps shouting "LAGER!'

First weekend above freezing in Southern Minnesota so I decided to brew up 11 gallons of BierMuncher's impromptu wit. By far the best smelling brew day I've ever had!

in the boil of a Kolsch right now, my system has been stream lined pretty good and have cut about 1 - 1.5 hours off my brewday :) with my RIMs system and mashing in the keg, no more stuck sparges :)

Gonna try to get a ton done this weekend. I've got some stout fermenting down in the basement, and its sitting at 58-61 with no temp control. Have to take advantage of this before it gets too warm out.

I've got a couple of batches planned this weekend. Both lagers. I'm doing BierMunchers Helles and a Czech Pilsner. The two starters are going strong.

Some weird kind of chocolately barleywine to get rid of 12oz of mystery hops clogging my freezer space:

Amount Item Type % or IBU
18 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 88.10 %
10.0 oz Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM) Grain 2.98 %
10.0 oz Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 2.98 %
10.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.98 %
10.0 oz Honey Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 2.98 %
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 23.6 IBU
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (45 min) Hops 21.7 IBU
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (30 min) Hops 18.2 IBU
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (15 min) Hops 11.7 IBU
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (5 min) Hops 4.7 IBU
2.00 oz Mystery Hops 1 [5.00 %] (0 min) Hops -
2 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Doing my first AG batch this weekend.

All Grain Recipe - Hop Ottin IPA ::: 1.068/1.015 (6 Gal)
Grain Bill

12 lbs. - 2 Row Pale Malt
2 lbs. - Munich Malt
1 lb. - Crystal Malt (40L)
1 lb. - Honey Malt (optional)

Hop Schedule (79 IBU)

1 oz - Columbus - First Wort Hop
1 oz - Columbus - 60 min.
1/2 oz - Columbus - 20 min.
1.25 oz - Cascade - 10 min.
1.5 oz - Columbus - 5 min.
2 oz - Cascade - Dry Hop
Yeast

Mash/Sparge/Boil

Mash at 152° to 154° for 60 min.
Sparge as usual
Boil for 60 minutes
Cool and ferment at 68° to 70°

Window Licker Bitter. Mashing now. Had some extra malt and hops to use up and that's what I came up with. Happy 311 Day!!!

Pumpkin Ale...American Amber Ale as a starting point with (hopefully) the perfect blend of spices. Got the recipe from my LHBS

Brewing my Irish Honey Red for the 5th time this weekend. When it ain't broke, why fix it?

Might hold off for a day or two since I might have a new MLT tomorrow...

Brewing a single decoction - no boil berliner weiss tomorrow. Will be one of my shortest AG brewdays ever. Might also end up making a 2 gallon batch of mead and 5 gallon batch of cider.

Doing a wheat beer that's a melding of 312 and Gumball Head with a brew buddy who'll be experiencing his first AG. Maybe bottling Ed's Haus Pale Ale.

Was gonna do my first CDA this weekend, but got into a fight with my landlord over the crackheads downstairs.... gotta spend the weekend looking for a new place to live :(.

I think I might just do a dry stout tonight. Not having a great week and the wife is doing some bridal shower planning with her friend for a wedding, so I should mash in after the kid goes to bed...

Brewing a single decoction - no boil berliner weiss tomorrow. Will be one of my shortest AG brewdays ever. Might also end up making a 2 gallon batch of mead and 5 gallon batch of cider.

Hey wes, one other method to consider for souring this would be to throw in a half pound of milled grain to the fermenter. The lacto on hulls will add to the sourness.

Thanks for the additional tip bro, I'll try that. My lacto starter is smellin quite tart, never really formed a pellicle though. Guess it's saving that trick for the real brew.

A pellicle takes some time to develop. It is not a one or two week thing generally, and I have never gotten a pellicle from just lacto. Others have, but not me...

I hit up the LHBS and got ingredients for my a Blonde Ale

8 lbs of 2-Row
2 lbs of Vienna
.5 Cara-Munich
.5 10L Crystal

.5 oz of Galena @ 55
.5 oz of Galena @ 35
.5 oz of Cascade @ 15
.5 oz of Cascade @ 5

2 step infusion at 113 & 152 for 30 minutes and in 50 days we will be pounding my first kegged batch at my wedding rehearsal dinner!

Just finished brewing up a partial mash of the English Pub Ale from the HBT Recipe Database/English Pale Ale category.

Definately can't wait for this one to be ready to drink!

:)

Redbeard5289

My grains were just delivered to my house!!! I am so f-ing excited! I'm planning on brewing this tonight:

Name: (I'll taste it before I name it)
Style: IIPA
Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 4 gallons
60 minute boil
Estimated Efficiency: (69%)

Est Original Gravity: 1.090 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.021 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 9.07%
Bitterness: 84.2 IBU
Calories: 418 cal/pint
Est Color: 5.8

13.50 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 93.10 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 6.90 %
2.50 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 72.7 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (20 min) Hops 6.9 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops 4.6 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops

My grains were just delivered to my house!!! I am so f-ing excited! I'm planning on brewing this tonight:

Name: (I'll taste it before I name it)
Style: IIPA
Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 4 gallons
60 minute boil
Estimated Efficiency: (69%)

Est Original Gravity: 1.090 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.021 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 9.07%
Bitterness: 84.2 IBU
Calories: 418 cal/pint
Est Color: 5.8

13.50 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 93.10 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 6.90 %
2.50 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 72.7 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (20 min) Hops 6.9 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops 4.6 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops

"Rocket Fuel"?

:rockin:

Just fed the cyser it's third and final 1.5lbs of honey.

My brew closet is full of carbing beer and this cyser. But I think my cold room might be the right temp for kolsch yeast. Time to start thinking about what I can do there.

Back