Raleigh Beerfest, May2, 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
Time to start planning!

Anyone in Raleigh have sleeping space? :)

The date has now changed to May 2nd due to some kind of scheduling conflict.

Can we get a mod to change the thread title with the date change?

So who is in for this?

whoa! good catch. I can't edit my own title...

I will surely be going, and I can accommodate visitors, BUT, I live a bit over an hour from Raleigh. I'm hoping maybe someone in Raleigh has couch space for some drunken louts. I will bring a cornie of homebrew to sweeten the deal if necessary!

I think we are staying at the Marriott. Short walk to the fest grounds. It isn't too far from the Flying Saucer, where we've met up post-fest a few times before.

Hopefully the Raleigh boys chime in and let us know if they will attend.

I'd like to go...been in Raleigh four years and never been there before....how hard is it to get tickets?

they sell out pretty quick, so if you are not a subscriber, be on the ball about it, or find one of the store locations (bars and home brew shops) and try and get on their reservation list before sales start. If all else fails, you can often craigslist some tickets.

I got my ticket for evening session, and got a room at the Sheraton.
See y'all there! (I'll be kilted, of course)

Got my ticket to the afternoon session and a designated driver. I'll be tilted but I certainly won't be kilted

I'm doing the later session for the first time to give it a shot. Will report comparison after.

well, then I might be back to early sessions in following years.
I've been to everyone for several years, so I thought I'd mix it up this time. ;)

We got early session tix--but decided to try out the VIP tix this year. I don't think it will matter much...but I'd still like to meet up with the old gang either at the fest or afterwards--so who is in?

I might meet up after evening session.
I don't know downtown raleigh well, though, so it's got to be simple.

VIP is nice, especially if you have the wife along. You get separate (nicer) bathrooms, some food you don't have to stand in line for, some extra beers (the durham fall one had some really good ones), and they gave us nice pilsner glasses last year.

I'm flying solo this year, so don't mind cheaping it, and using port-o-potties.

Have 2 afternoon e-tickets if anyone needs them... face value and pay via Paypal.

Even with the date change, I couldn't swing it this year. Last year was a blast. Someone make it a point to get on me about this next year.

Have fun guys.

How come you guys can't make it? Bummer!

Hey Dude! Nice to hear from you again. We just have a lot going on right now and need the weekend... vacation coming up, Virginia Beer Fest last weekend (great party), etc. There's still a chance we might go because no one seems to want these tickets and we can't cancel our hotel room. I'd hate to eat both of them so we'll see.

Let me know if you make it up this way and we'll hit the Leafe.

for those of you trying to meet up at the saucer afterwards, couchtrip will be running their busses from beerfest to the sauce

This event ought to be renamed "The World Beer & Boobs Festival"...Good Lord, so much eye candy!

I had a great time but I crash-landed very hard when I got home (sorry B.O., C.W.)

Looking forward to seeing the gang in Durham in October.

(P.S. I don't remember much after SWMBO dragged/carried me out of The Flying Saucer)

It was a blast, once again! This was probably my favorite fest of all of them. I tried so many awesome beers. Caught up with old friends.

My highlights:

Holy Mackerel Mack in Black (imperial black ale infused w/pomegranate)
Old Dominion Millenium Barleywine (I'm not even a huge barleywine person)
Lost Abbey Carnavale
Foothills Seeing Double IPA

And yeah, the eye candy this year was pretty amazing. Our waitress at the Saucer was smoking. I'd give anything to see a pic of her in her Iron Orr Brewery shirt.

October!!!!

P.S. Walker, thanks for hosting and shuttling yet again. It was great to see all of you guys again!

I completely forgot about you HBTers that were going to the Raleigh fest! Sorry I missed you. I plan on working the Durham fest in October, so I'll try to remember that some of you cats come out for this. I had a blast as well! Cheers!

Back