2006 NFL draft thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Things are already shaping up like a doozy!!!

The Texans already signed Mario Williams to a contract, meaning Reggie Bush will probably go second! I just read a legit trade rumor that Green Bay is offering Walker, Mark Roman and the #5 pick for New Orleans' #2 and Donte Stallworth.

If we got Reggie Bush I would be ecstatic. That is just too good to be true.
However, with every good rumor, you have 1 bad one too. A local GB writer who nails the pick almost every year (inside sources) has said Vernon Davis will be our pick at #5. I'll scream bloody murder at that, and then cry like a baby. Dumb pick.

Is that the Tight End guy? That would piss me off to no end if we did something moronic like that. I'm betting Bush ends up a J-E-T, Jet Jet, Jet personally and we still end up with Hawk. I heard the same on the Bush race now and Pack, Jets and Raider fan as the likely one to move up for him. I'd take him as well!

Kind of reminds me when the Packers passed on Barry Sanders for... TONY MANDERICH!!!

desertBrew said:
Is that the Tight End guy? That would piss me off to no end if we did something moronic like that. I'm betting Bush ends up a J-E-T, Jet Jet, Jet personally and we still end up with Hawk. I heard the same on the Bush race now and Pack, Jets and Raider fan as the likely one to move up for him. I'd take him as well!

Kind of reminds me when the Packers passed on Barry Sanders for... TONY MANDERICH!!!

Yeah dude. If we pick a ****ing TE I'll be pissed. Hopefully I'll be well on my way to a good buzz byt the time we pick though, so it won't hurt so bad.

11 hours til the draft and my heart is already thumping. This is a big day!

I think if the Packers don't trade up for Bush then they should go with AJ Hawk.

I'm hoping the Bears can get a decent CB/S for a change. I guess their talking about some kid out of Fresno State.

HurricaneFloyd said:
I think if the Packers don't trade up for Bush then they should go with AJ Hawk.

I'm hoping the Bears can get a decent CB/S for a change. I guess their talking about some kid out of Fresno State.

When Moss was in our division that's all the packers ever did is pick CB's to try and stop him. I personally think that was when we f*ck'd ourselves doing that year after year. Bears pick when?

26th or something like that. They need a pass catching TE, DB's, and OL. So this means they will draft a LB. They always draft a LB.

By the way, all we got is Bear and Packer fans on ths thread. WTF is that? Oh yea, the true NFL fans....

desertBrew said:
By the way, all we got is Bear and Packer fans on ths thread. WTF is that? Oh yea, the true NFL fans....
eh, i just don't have too much to say about my team's pick of broderick bunkley or whatever his name is... i'm sure he's good -- i just don't really know anything about him.
on a more interesting note, Tamba Hali (#20 overall, to KC) played high school football with my little brother...

Lou said:
eh, i just don't have too much to say about my team's pick of broderick bunkley or whatever his name is... i'm sure he's good -- i just don't really know anything about him.
on a more interesting note, Tamba Hali (#20 overall, to KC) played high school football with my little brother...

I remember those days when the draft was an after thought.... That's cool with the relationship with your bro. Good for him for getting in.

I had gym class with the Giants Center Sean O'Hara. He's a little bigger now.

Bears traded their pick? I guess they can still get a TE or CB here with the extra 2nd round pick. Mel Kiper seems to think it was a good trade so I guess I'm happy but I'll have to wait and see.

HurricaneFloyd said:
Bears traded their pick? I guess they can still get a TE or CB here with the extra 2nd round pick. Mel Kiper seems to think it was a good trade so I guess I'm happy but I'll have to wait and see.

Who the f**k did the Bears pick? Abalene Christian College? WTF dude?

desertBrew said:

I think I'm the only Lions fan, hence the moniker. It's hard to talk proudly of a team that has been the worst in the NFL in the past 5-6 years.

The Jets actually used their heads this year. OL then project for QB down the road. Haven't seen what they've done today but that was the smartest 1st round they've had in a while.

2nd Street Brewery said:
The Jets actually used their heads this year. OL then project for QB down the road. Haven't seen what they've done today but that was the smartest 1st round they've had in a while.

Didn't they draft Clemmens from Oregon? He's suppose to be good but dropped since he got hurt and was out for most of last season. I like the Jets. Growing up in Jersey as a Bears fan was not easy so I could always connect with the Jets fans.

Dude said:
A.J. HAWK, ABDUL HODGE? Packers?

YES!!!!!!

I'm ordering my #50 Hawk jersey as soon as I get home!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn...I guess I'm stuck with these 500 Reggie Bush Texan jersies I was gonna make a killing on. :(

Cheesefood said:
Who the f**k did the Bears pick? Abalene Christian College? WTF dude?

What happened to the avatar?

I have no idea what the Bears with thinking with that pick. I've never heard of the player or the school. Why didn't they pick a TE?????????????

HurricaneFloyd said:
What happened to the avatar?

I have no idea what the Bears with thinking with that pick. I've never heard of the player or the school. Why didn't they pick a TE?????????????

7 Picks, 5 defensive players. WTF?

I think they needed more than a 6th round choice FB and OG to improve that offense. That was a terrible draft.

Look at the bright side. At least you aren't a Vikings fan. They traded 2 #3 picks to move up 10 spots to the second round and get a QB who wouldn't have been taken at all in the 3rd. He was 4th round talent and a huge gamble anyway. He sounds like a Culpepper clone. Big dumb and strong. Great arm, small brain.

Dude said:
7 Picks, 5 defensive players. WTF?

The Bears have the top-rated D and the lowest rated O. We've had perennial QB problems as far back as I can remember. They needed some O. I'm just shocked by their decisions. They have one half-way decent receiver (Muhammed) who's a HUGE cry baby. They two QB's they have are still nobodys.

Fortunately, the division still sucks. The Pack might fair a little better this year, but there's still a good chance for suckery. And the Lions and Vike's aren't making anyone tremble.

I heard Angelo talking this morning about how they signed 3 veteran OL and they had a bunch of injuries including Mark Bradley so they offense won't be as bad. He said the main problem with the offense last season was the QB so that's why they signed Griese and hopefully Grossman can stay healthy. He still couldn't explain why they didn't draft Pope with that 1st 2nd round pick. Wouldn't that DB still have been there with their 2nd 2nd round pick? Hopefully some veteran TE will be cut this week and they can sign him. Maybe Whitten from Dallas since they got Fasano?

desertBrew said:

Or when they passed on Joe Montana for.....RICH CAMPBELL!

It was a good draft though-they brought a lot of bodies into camp and that's what a rebuilder needs to do.

Back