Beer destinations in NH?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinnyShamrock

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are going on a 5-day vacation in NH, a town called Sanbornville. It is directly north of Portsmouth, and directly west of Portland, ME. I know Smuttynose and Red Hook are in Portsmouth, but what else beer-related is in the area?

And Burlington (Magic Hat) is too far of a drive. Even with my 4-cylinder Saturn, gas is too damn expensive.

Thanks!

Are you going to be taking a trip to North Conway? If you do there is a great Belgian style pub in Lovell, Maine (about 30 min away) called Ebenezers. Its probably the best one that i have ever been to. Beer advocate liked it too. You could leave the SWMBO in No. Conway to shop and you hit up the pub.:mug:

We enjoyed Milly's tavern in Manchester, NH. If you go during happy hour pints are $2!
If you're up there anyway go visit AB. Their operation is worth seeing.

The Redhook tour was the best dollar i've spent in quite a while, but Portsmouth Brewery has great beer and good food. Downtown atmosphere is better than Redhook's near the airport location.

Don't sweat missing magic crap. The only magic thing you'd see there is the marketing department. ;)

There are much better breweries in VT. However none are that close to where you are. Check out Portsmouth Smuttynose and Redhook, if that isn't enough head over to Portland.

Yeah, Long Trail Brewery is west of Woodstock on Rt 4, at that rate you may as well take the Interstate up to Burlington. I enjoyed Smuttynose quite a bit when I was there recently, the pub has pretty good food.

I'm not sure what's nearby in Maine.

Back