Beer enhancer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leehughes

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and need some help i added beer enhancer to my fermenting tub and I'm going to transfer it to a pressure keg to I need to add sugar to the keg

I had to look up what beer an enhancer was.
I see that it's sugar so the question is did you at it before fermenting?
It looks like something you add prior to fermenting so there wouldn't be anything left now.
The other question is since you are putting it in a keg are you planning to naturally carbonate for to force carbonate?
Most people force carbonate so you don't need to add any sugars.
When you force carbonate you don't have so much problem with sediment.

45_70sharps said:
I had to look up what beer an enhancer was.
I see that it's sugar so the question is did you at it before fermenting?
It looks like something you add prior to fermenting so there wouldn't be anything left now.
The other question is since you are putting it in a keg are you planning to naturally carbonate for to force carbonate?
Most people force carbonate so you don't need to add any sugars.
When you force carbonate you don't have so much problem with sediment.

Yes I added the enhancer before feenenting just did not know if I had to add any more or and any sugar when I transferd it to the pressuer barrel

Any fermentable sugars were fermented then. If you are naturally carbonating you will need to add sugar or DME.
If you are going to force carbonate, you don't need to add anything.

Latest posts

Back