Warning !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
adding a pound of honey to an ipa will not make the taste of honey come out.
It will however increase alcohol % to about an 8% ... After 3 of these I can't feel my face. This is just a FYI

adding a pound of honey to an ipa will not make the taste of honey come out.
It will however increase alcohol % to about an 8% ... After 3 of these I can't feel my face. This is just a FYI

awesome! :mug:

FWIW, honey will just dry out a beer. for a nice, honey like flavor you can throw a small amount of honey malt in the mash. honey malt gives a nice, sweet, honey like malt flavor to a pale ale.

hungry4hops said:
How's it taste?

Taste? I haven't taste anything in about 2 hours!
The 1st one I liked. It wasn't dry or anything it had a nice hoppy flavor with a slight sugar after taste. Almost coco like.
It's good but I don't think after tonight I won't do add honey anymore . It was an experiment ... Wait maybe I'll add honey to everything now!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
awesome! :mug:

FWIW, honey will just dry out a beer. for a nice, honey like flavor you can throw a small amount of honey malt in the mash. honey malt gives a nice, sweet, honey like malt flavor to a pale ale.

I'll try that next time .. I brewed a honey wheat ale last month that was just right.
This batch I was just try'n something.
It's not dry ... It's actually almost light. But hot damn does it get ya ripped! :D

#8 - wife went to bed. Party pooper! It's Monday! Who goes to bed at 10:30 on a Monday? .....Oh uh it's Monday?

passedpawn said:
I think your wife is like mine... the smartest person in the house. Maybe you should get in there with her. Save some for tomorrow.

Nah she's cool.... She Got me into this! Lmao

eight 8% beers?

Jesus, I ramp up my brew so I only have to drink about 2 to get a decent buzz.

Then again I dont get **** housed like I used to.

Doomsday said:
eight 8% beers?

Jesus, I ramp up my brew so I only have to drink about 2 to get a decent buzz.

Then again I dont get **** housed like I used to.

Dude I'm in waaaay over my head. Lol
I had one. I was like this is tasty
Had 2 I was like damn I feel it already.
At about 6 I was pounding it hard.
8 was my limit . I'm a big guy. I weigh like 250 and I'm 6'2 and in shape. Ok a lil belly but I work out. A 12 pack of anything is nothing to me. (not to brag) but this stuff I just brewed is dynamite !!!

Back