Puyallup Water Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjBrewer

Reaction score
Got my report bck from Ward labs, thought it may be helpfull for homebrewers in the area.

This water is carbon filtered tap water, east Puyallup near Sumner.
Reported 01/02/2013:

pH - 7.6
TDS Est, ppm - 112

Sodium, Na - 7
Potassium, K - 2
Calcium, Ca - 20
Magnesium, Mg - 11
Total Hardness, CaCO3 - 96
Nitrate, NO3-N - 0.9
Sulfate, SO4-S - 3 (9 for EZ calc)
Chloride, Cl - 4
Carbonate, CO3 - <1
Bicarbonate, HCO3 - 91
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 - 75

Cheers, and happy brewing :mug:

Clearcut23 said:
How would I go about getting a report for Covington?

Go on the Ward Labs website and there are directions for submitting a sample. It's not very expensive and a quick turn around.

I live on South Hill off 176th, how much do you really think the water varies from where your at to me? Are you on Tacoma Water, Firgrove, etc?

Iamslow said:
I live on South Hill off 176th, how much do you really think the water varies from where your at to me? Are you on Tacoma Water, Firgrove, etc?

My water comes from Salmon Springs in Sumner, which supplies about 50% of Puyallup. While this may not be your source, it should be pretty close. You could always treat using these numbers and check your ph after the mash has settled a bit, adjust as necessary.

I'm off of 144th and with Figrove - I called them up and they gave me the numbers for free. I bet Tacoma PU will also.

Side note - when I moved to South Hill 12 years ago, all of my recipes tasted better... Tacoma water is Green River Water, Firgrove is well water from the same aquifier that Mountain Mist uses.

I'm off of 144th and with Figrove - I called them up and they gave me the numbers for free. I bet Tacoma PU will also.

Side note - when I moved to South Hill 12 years ago, all of my recipes tasted better... Tacoma water is Green River Water, Firgrove is well water from the same aquifier that Mountain Mist uses.

I called Firgrove and they photocopied their reports for me and had them waiting for pickup...their office is right down the road from you. The one hiccup is that they have a ton of wells so I had to average numbers. They also occasionally take water from Tacoma if they need extra supply which can mess the numbers up.

Yea, I live a couple of miles west of their offices. I should go up there and get the reports again, I dont know where I put them.

I know this was an old post but saw the link on brewers friend in the water profiles. I grew up in Puyallup off of 72nd and canyon. Live in Cali now but can't wait to get back home. Just cool to see someone from your hometown on here.

I know this was an old post but saw the link on brewers friend in the water profiles. I grew up in Puyallup off of 72nd and canyon. Live in Cali now but can't wait to get back home. Just cool to see someone from your hometown on here.

Cool!

I grew up in Kelso and moved to San Jose for three years. Every opportunity I had, I applied for jobs back home. That was 26 years ago.

I miss the weather down south but thats about it.

FWIW - I live near 144th and Woodland Ave.

I'm still struggle nailing ph (hasn't affected taste of beer), am too cheap to buy RO, but trying to improve my processes.

Is the link on your signature the name of your personal brewery or is it public? Either way that's a great idea naming your brewery. Time for me to think of something clever.

FWIW - I'm on the East side of Meridian off 152nd.

Mile and a half west of Meridian off of 144th!

Do you have Firgrove Mutual for water?

I am not pro - just named it.

Wow. You would have been practically my neighbor a year ago. Had firgrove and everything.

I used to do glass work up there back in the '60's and '70's - from Gig Harbor to Buckley, from Renton to Eatonville, from Sea-Tac/Burien to Ft.Lewis - I'd just about betcha I've gone past the addys you guys are talking about dozens of times when I worked for Hendrickson's Glass or Nieman Glass Co.! I grew up in Kent and graduated from Kent Meridian High, and married a girl from Renton who lived next to the Longacres Race track.
We lived in Puyallup across from the Dairy Fairy for a while, next to the river behind a car lot for a while, right next to the WWFairgrounds for a while (on fairgrounds property) and up on the hill in Milton another time. I was glad to move from WA, because of the constant rain - but now I'm stuck in Tennessee (too much rain here too!) and can't get back to Montana which I like the best! I haven't been back to WA to live in a lot of years - 30 or more at least. It's kinda cool to see that there's homebrewers in your old stompin' grounds.

Back