Buying a brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How does this brew rig look? I decided I just don't want to build one. Is 55,000 btu sufficient enough to do 10 gallons? I am doing 5 gallons now. Someday I may move to 10.

How does this brew rig look? I decided I just don't want to build one. Is 55,000 btu sufficient enough to do 10 gallons? I am doing 5 gallons now. Someday I may move to 10.

Looks like a whole lotta nothing to me mate... ;)

If it came with the kegs and tri-clamp fittings you'd be a fool not to. But, unfortunately it doesn't come with those. I'm not saying anything bad about keggle brewer but, roll shipping into that and I think it is a bit much (probably close to 1k).

Just for the frame, I think you can take the Brutus 10 plans to a local fabricator and tell them to make it out of regular steel and you could have a stand you could build on/grow into for a little more than half of that.

Edit: If the cost of the investment doesnt bother you much and you have the dukets to throw at it, then by all means go for it;)

It is just the stand and the plumbing, then the burners, no kegs inccluded. I will probably pick it up, if i get it.

Synergy Metalworking (http://www.synergymetalworking.com/BrewingEquipment_2.htm) has a stand including Burners and Keggles for $1895. He can ship it for about $150.

05_090608.jpg

That is a good price, I looked at that. But it is just out of my price range that I am willing to spend. I already have all the pots.

Holy crap, if I lived closer to that I would be selling my kidney on the black market. That is a great deal.

FWIW I can say that the synergy metalworking rig is fantanstic. I love mine. His welding is top notch.

All I would have to sell is a very basic keggle with a stainless steel ball valve, a 10g rubbermaid mlt fits false bottom, and a crappy 15 gallon aluminum pot with brass ball valve, then a 110,000 btu burner. I guess I do have a wort chiller and a 7 gallon pot to get rid of also. But I don't think i could get very much for all that stuff

He was saying buy the craigs list sale, then just keep the stand, and sell everything else that came with the deal and use your pots still.

i wish i could buy that, you know just draw something up and have a guy at your local shop weld it up for you. should be cheap

Back