Homebrew Trading?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
Anyone do this? I would really like some of my brews critiqued unbiasedly and figured this would be a good way to go about it. Also, always looking to expand my brewing/beer geek network.

i have a question that is kind of related, maybe you can help with. How long after bottling day do you thinks is safe to ship your brew? plan on shipping a couple 22oz bombers and a few 12 ouncers. Brewed a beer for my sisters wedding and have to ship it to FL from CA. Any input would be useful.
thanks

grizzlybrain said:
i have a question that is kind of related, maybe you can help with. How long after bottling day do you thinks is safe to ship your brew? plan on shipping a couple 22oz bombers and a few 12 ouncers. Brewed a beer for my sisters wedding and have to ship it to FL from CA. Any input would be useful.
thanks

Ideally you should wait until you have tasted the beer to be sure it is properly carbonated and conditioned so you know you are sending them a good product. If you have to ship it sooner enclose a note letting them know what to do with the bottles so they finish up prior to use if there is time.

That sub-forum is full of commercial beer trades. I've ventured in there a few times and have never seen any posts by people looking to trade homebrew.

I wouldn't mind doing some trades, too. Shipping can get expensive, though.

Prolly around 7 bucks to ship 4 or 5 12oz bottles. Not to bad.

I'd look into entering a few competitions. This is the best way to get several sheets of truly unbiased feedback. The judges don't know you from Adam or any other of the entrants. They will point out the good and what needs improvement based on a standard scoring, and give some hints on where to start fixing things sometimes.

Most competitions will allow you to mail your entries in, then mail you the score sheets afterwards. So you can really enter competitions across the country and this allows you the opportunity to send brews throughout the year (not just for language for one competition and brew a bunch at one time).

For a few dollars per entry, this is a great deal.

MT

Back